2nd Line Engineer
2nd Line Engineer
Recruitment Agency Reference: 6818950
Salary: £28,000/ £30,000
Must be certified in MCSA
A great opportunity for 2nd Line Support Engineers (Win 2012/2008, AD, Exchange, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP etc) to work for a leading managed service provider.
The successful candidate will be responsible for both general IT / Helpdesk Support and also for some field based support in Greater London. This is a varied, challenging and hugely rewarding role.
The position offers the chance to use and develop a broad range of technical support skills, a good degree of responsibility within a highly supportive environment and the chance to be part of a successful company that invests in its staff.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to, diagnose and resolve ICT incidents in order to maintain / exceed contracted service levels
- Regularly communicate with the users and wider Managed Service team to keep them updated and informed
- Ensure spares are maintained to guarantee service availability.
- Assist in with implementing changes to the ICT provision in line with requests made by the customer through the Change Process.
- Understand the ICT solution delivered to the school and identify areas of improvement
- Maintain accurate incident records
The successful candidate should have:
- Previous experience in different operating systems, communications and networking
- Experience of: Windows 2003 / Windows 2008 / 2012 & Exchange 2003 / 2007 / 2010 Server and Office 2010 and 2013
- Solid experience of Windows Active Directory
- Expert knowledge of Windows file / exchange servers
- Strong DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP & VPN skills
- Experience of installation and troubleshooting File & Exchange Servers
- A high level of PC and hardware maintenance and repair skills (e.g. Server break-fix)
- Backup and antivirus experience
- Citrix Presentation Server 4.5/XenApp 5.x & EdgeSight
- Knowledge & understanding of virtualisation technologies
- Knowledge of CISCO products , firewalls, routers & WAN technologies
- A full clean driving licence is essential
If you are interested in this position or would like to find out more about similar roles please contact George King on and email your updated CV to
Venn Group is an equal opportunities employment business and employment agency and welcomes applications from all candidates.