Excel Assistant (Payroll team)
Where will I be working?
A fabulous opportunity to join an interesting and inspiring company at an exciting time in their growth. You will be joining a modern, working environment offering an opportunity to assist and develop within a small team.
What will I be doing?
This is a specialist role, the job holder will require a strong understanding of excel and ideally payroll exposure and understanding. You will be assisting the existing payroll manager on a busy monthly payroll across the UK and wider global offices.
- all aspects of the payroll cycle (monthly)
- pension administration, new starters, leavers and absences
- working to tight deadlines each week
- ensuring amendments are put through in a timely manner
- an understanding or aptitude for payments such as SMP, SSP, Tax, NI and RTI and auto enrolment schemes
- working across department liaising with managers and department Heads to ensure payroll accuracy and timeframes are adhered to
- following audit and compliance processes
What skills and experience are required?
- a very keen eye for detail; attention to detail
- an excellent skill set within excel (include pivotal table experience and understanding and look-up facility within MS excel)
- Ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a fast paced environment
- work under pressure, to immovable deadlines week to week
- Organisation and planning skills
- Clear communicator - verbally and in writing
- Initiative/Decision Making
- Working to the highest levels of confidentiality
- MS Excel experience - skills will be tested at interview.
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Able to manage multiple tasks and work to agreed deadlines whilst under pressure
- Worked both as part of a team and independently
- Discreet handling of confidential documents and other information
- Knowledge of payroll administrative practices and procedures
What else do I need to know?
This is not a full-time role, so part-time and reduced working patterns can be reviewed. There is no real need to be in each day or for a full day just ensuring the payroll is run accurately is essential. Working patterns can therefore be discussed.
The role is paying competitively and will be dependant on skill set and experience for this role. +great benefits which include:
- Training and development, supporting your career pathway
- Competitive salary
- Free on-site parking & modern working environment
- 25 days’ holiday per annum, pro-rata if you work part time and from the date you joined
- A group personal pension plan, with a matched contribution from the company of up to 5% of basic salary
- Life assurance equal to four times basic salary
- Critical health insurance of up to one times basic salary
- Individual private health and dental cover
- Permanent health insurance/disability insurance
- Enhanced statutory maternity leave
- Statutory paternity leave; parental leave; shared parental leave.
- Statutory and enhanced sick pay
- Subsidised gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Childcare vouchers help
- Assistance with Relocation Expenses
- This role is offered on a permanent, full time contract.
- A reduced hours working week (full time hours cannot be agreed.) (unfortunately, we cannot offer overtime).
We really hope this great role appeals to you and you decide to apply! We love hearing from you and really appreciate every single application that we receive. We wish we could respond to your CV personally but due to the high number of responses we receive this just isn't possible. Therefore if you haven't heard back from us within a week, your application won't be taken any further on this occasion. Thank you so much for taking the time to respond to our roles. We wish you all the very best for your job search.
The Purely Recruitment Company is an Equal Opportunities Employer and operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment.