An experienced Systems Administrator is needed to join a market leader in Enterprise and Business Intelligence software (SaaS). Working from their Central London office expect a varied role managing the group implementation, maintenance and administration of all the business and customer hosted systems for a ground-breaking software house.
With offices in London, Sydney and Virginia, this highly regarded enterprise software house is established as an industry leader in its Gartner Magic Quadrant and other industry reports.
Joining as the Systems Administrator you will primarily be administrating the existing in-house and customer systems, providing and maintaining hosted customer environments on AWS, be the troubleshooter for all internal software and hardware, create and maintain scripts, utilities, applications, web apps, web services as appropriate to support their infrastructure as well as providing regular backups, and maintenance of IT and technical systems as required. The Systems Administrator role is varied and diverse, providing business critical support to ensure the smooth running of the overall business.
To qualify. You will need to be a knowledgeable and technically savvy Systems Administrator / Sys Admin / Windows Support / IT Support Exec or similar who is a real problem solver, loves all things tech and who can demonstrate:
- Great general knowledge of computer systems, particularly Windows operating system, Outlook/Exchange, Office365, and good Linux skills;
- Proficiency in platforms and technologies with are complimentary to the clients products: AWS, Microsoft IIS, Active Directory, SharePoint, Single Sign-On, VPN and / or Azure;
- Solid understanding of computer networking fundamentals (e.g. protocols, security, website hosting, DNS);
- Knowledge of web programming technologies particularly ASP.NET, Microsoft SharePoint, agile development and / or automated testing tools;
- Self-motivated and Independent learner able to research problems and devise solutions Able to work independently and as part of a larger team, without supervision when necessary;
- Good communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Applications from recent graduates with a Computer Science / Software Engineering degree and some demonstrable experience are also welcome.
The Systems Administrator can expect to work within a team of talented and passionate professionals, a fantastic working environment, dress down Friday, pension, private healthcare, flexible working, birthday leave and much more.