Becoming a Finance Director with Capita Central Government Services
A Finance Director is required to join as part of Central Government Services. Central Government Services manages a portfolio of businesses and this role will support several of these businesses including a Council Joint Venture and two large, high profile government sector clients.
Reporting into the Finance Director for Central Government Services the role would be ideally suited to a candidate who has experience of business partnering several businesses and managing competing priorities.
What you will do:
- To manage all aspect of financial reporting including the monthly reporting cycle and annual business planning in addition to ad hoc reporting required by divisional/group.
- Partner business unit managing directors to implement and drive growth.
- Develop relationship and trust with clients through quality reporting and innovative solutions to problems to "deliver better outcomes"
- Motivate and develop a disparate finance team across several location improving staff retention and development
- Delivering cost out and financial targets.
- Work with finance director on strategic initiatives including the implementation of new finance system.
- Support the commercial and risk team through detailed understanding of the contracts and business issues.
- To develop, implement, review, monitor and analyse initiatives to manage and mitigate business unit risks.
- To ensure all aspects of general compliance and financial control are met.
- To contribute on the development of any financial models to evaluate the financial case for any proposed changes or commercial developments (in addition to business performance and continual improvements).
- Provide support to the Finance Director on specific initiatives as appropriate.
Your experience will include:
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (or equivalent)
- The successful candidate will have an appropriate Accountancy Qualification, with similar previous experience. You will need flexibility and excellent communication skills for this fast changing environment. Proven track record in delivering business partnering and managing a finance team.
- Proven ability to support non-finance staff in the management of cost centres
- Team leadership experience
- Ability to identify the key financial and service risks from financial data.
- Experience of fast paced, changing environment.
- Flexible and Innovative person willing to drive forward change to the business.
- Knowledge of SAP and Axiom reporting systems preferable
Capita plc is an international business process outsourcing and professional services company headquartered in London. It is the largest business process outsourcing and professional services company in the UK, and has clients in central government, local government and the private sector.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, we believe an open, transparent working environment that encourages ingenuity and collaboration - with colleagues, customers and clients - is what makes us so effective at what we do.
As well as a generous basic salary, we also offer car/car allowance, bonus, company matched pension scheme and access to a variety of voluntary benefit options. These include a share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle, such as retail, health & wellbeing and leisure discounts.
You'll be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact for guidance and to request a full job description.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
| Become a Change Maker |
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.