Compliance Assistant Manager
Compliance Assistant Manager
Compliance Assistant Manager - SSC - Liverpool
Contract Type: Full time - Permanent
Location: Central Liverpool
Our Client, BDO - an international accountancy and business advisory firm, is looking to recruit an Compliance Assistant Manager at their Shared Service Centre in Liverpool. The successful candidate will lead a new Compliance Team within BDO's rapidly growing Shared Service Centre (SSC) based in Liverpool City Centre. SSC team members work internally within the business providing support to the client facing members of the firm
The primary responsibility is to establish and manage a centralised team who will be responsible for processing conflict of interest search requests from across BDO offices and to oversee the day-to-day activities in line with current BDO and regulatory guidelines.
A key part of the role is managing end user expectations by ensuring schedule and quality adherence in respect of conflict of interest resolution. There will be a secondary reporting line to BDO Quality & Risk Management team.
* Coordinate the work of the Team to ensure effective workflow and rapid response to conflict search requests and resolution of issues.
* Provide training and mentoring to develop the team, technical expertise and guidance on more complex conflicts of interest.
* Assist with the development and implementation of new and revised policies, procedures within the team.
* Supervise, support and develop the team's internal customer and external client facing skills.
* Prioritise, review and manage the work output of the Assistants to ensure outputs are to the required timeframe and quality (SLAs and KPIs).
* Ensure that the firm's conflicts of interest and independence procedures are adhered to.
* Work with BDO's conflicts of interest systems and processes - including support to process improvement and change management.
* Assist with the development and integration of new technology.
* Deal with internal queries with colleagues and teams across BDO UK.
* Engage with BDO's local client facing teams on operational performance and best practice.
* Collaborate with BDO's senior stakeholders in promoting and driving further adoption of service take-up.
* Work collaboratively with the wider client onboarding teams within the Shared Service Centre; and Quality Risk Management and International Liaison Teams based in London.
* Appreciate the highly confidential nature of the work undertaken.
* Act as first point of escalation on conflict of interest queries / issues that cannot be resolved in the in the team.
* Resilient to working under pressure.
* Produce reports in an appropriate format to provide information to management on conflict of interest related issues.
* Recruit and train new team members; undertake performance reviews for team members and monitor ongoing development needs.
What we're looking for:
* IT skills - strong working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and similar desktop applications. including workflow management systems
* Credible and confident to interact with stakeholders at senior level
* Strong people management skills: empathetic and encouraging style to support junior team members to excel in their roles
* Excellent time management, organisation and prioritisation skills.
* Ability to manage workflows and delegate as appropriate
* Be able to lead by example and influence optimal performance of team.
* Experience of managing conflicts of interest either as a Senior Analyst or Manager of a conflicts team or similar compliance-based function
* Experience working with Intapp Conflicts is beneficial
* An understanding of the legal and regulatory requirements relating to independence and conflicts.
If you have the skills and experiences required for this position, please call Jaanaki on