£30,000 p/a DOE
Full Time, Permanent
Are you an experienced Quality Engineer looking for your next challenge?
Coulter Elite Resourcing are currently looking for a Quality Engineer to work with one of their world market leaders in their field based in Leighton Buzzard.
As the Quality Engineer you will be responsible for the day to day quality of the manufacturing processes, and to deal with customer complaints including root cause analysis of problems. To lead continuous improvement projects and to provide support for manufacturing and the laboratory. To deputise for the Quality Manager when relevant.
Principle Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer:
- Dealing with customer related issues using structured problem-solving methodologies to facilitate the investigation and response.
- Production support, recommending opportunities and supporting the drive for continuous quality improvement.
- Working with laboratory technicians to identify root causes to problems and issues.
- Experienced in writing SOPs, and being involved in the creation of control plans, FMEA and PFMEA.
- Day to day monitoring of production output ensuring compliance to product specification, including measurements and function testing as required.
- To support with the day to day measurement of components primarily using a non-contact Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM).
- Maintaining documentation to support ISO9001 or chosen standard.
- Dealing with quarantine product in a timely manner.
- Providing data for monthly reports.
- Producing quality documents as needed, to include reports in response to customer complaints.
- Ensuring Health and Safety to you and other employees and sticking to company policies.
- Educated to HND/HNC in a relevant engineering discipline although strong experience supported by relevant qualifications will be considered equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years in a quality related role.
- Use of problem-solving tools and methodology.
- Maintaining any relevant standards such as ISO, BRC, TS16949 etc.
- Experience of manufacturing processes.
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written and customer service skills.
- Must have high level of attention to detail
- Integrity, trustworthy, helpful and considerate.
- Positive "can-do" attitude
- Self-motivated but also the ability to work as part of a team
- Working Knowledge of Word, Excel, Access
This is a full-time permanent Quality Engineer position, working Monday to Friday flexi hours but working 37.5 hours a week, offering an annual salary of between £27,000 - £30,000 p/a DOE.
If this Quality Engineer position sounds like you, then please forward your CV to Fraser Hendry at Coulter Elite Resourcing.
Coulter Elite Resourcing is an independent recruitment consultancy based in Peterborough, Milton Keynes and London supplying permanent, temporary and contract personnel, from office junior through to the highest levels of management both locally and nationally.