A Multi-National Global Logistics Provider offering import and export freight forwarding solutions is recruiting for a Credit Controller to be based at offices located in Central Essex.
The Credit Controller will report to the Financial Controller and will work closely with the rest of the Finance team as well as the Global Management team.
Main Purpose of the Role;
The Credit Controller will provide vital support to the Global Accounts team working in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. The position will require liaising with customers, external offices for the Company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Produce weekly and monthly reports of aged debt with particular attention to DV debt
• Attend weekly meetings with the Credit Control team and Financial Controller to ensure the team remain focused and results driven
• Take ownership of own debtors’ ledger including entertainment and Logistics
• Deal with queries, liaise with operations to achieve resolutions to outstanding issues
• Liaise with a number of key agents, negotiating payment timelines, agreeing contra
• Regularly report on own debt balances detailing action points and promised payments
• Ensure the top 10 debtors across the companies are monitored and cleared weekly
• Ensure that on hold accounts, prevention and credit exceed procedures are adhered to
• Take responsibility for Unallocated cash reports
• Resolve day to day credit control issues and problem accounts in a timely and efficient manner, understanding how and when to escalate these
• Monitor and manage the credit control inbox
• Deal with multi-currency accounts, run separate reports and forecast incoming currency cash receipt
• Keep up to date with ledger issues
• Credit check new customers, set limits and terms adhering to the approval processes
• Send out legal letters in a consistent manner throughout the team
• Regularly review and propose customer trading trends and put together proposals for increasing credit limits and terms
• Liaise with Purchase ledger with regards to contras
• Provide anticipated receipts analysis to assist in cash flow planning
• Any other duties as required by management for the smooth and efficient operation of the department.
To Be Considered:
- Proven experience with credit control
- I.T Proficient
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- An excellent opportunity to join a multi-national organisation based in Central Essex.
- Competitive Salary
For full details, please contact Willis Global - a leading Recruitment Consultancy for the Shipping & Logistics industry