IT Support Analyst, 1st Line
IT Support Analyst, 1st Line, Kingston Bagpuize, £24,000pa - £30,000 plus benefits:
A rapidly expanding management consultancy firm based in the heart of Oxfordshire is looking to appoint a talented IT Support Analyst who is passionate about IT, 1st/2nd Line IT Support, and the staff they're supporting. Troubleshooting complex issues whilst providing exceptional customer service will come naturally to you. If you're looking for a company who can offer clear progression, an amazing team, company culture and values, then look no further, this company really does have it all.
What will I be doing?
The role of the IT Support Analyst will be to deal with incident management, request fulfilment and seeking to proactively address the IT challenges impacting the wider business. The IT Support Analyst role is often the first point of contact for IT across the business. Customer service is key to this role and the IT Support Analyst will need to seek to fully understand the needs of the customer and have a real desire to help them get to a successful conclusion. This is an ideal role for a 1st/2nd second line IT Support Analyst or someone looking for their first role in IT. Typical responsibilities of this role will be:
- Handling the day-to-day incidents/requests that arrive into IT Support
- Identifying, troubleshooting and resolving technical problems
- Leading on small projects/process improvements
- Taking a lead role in the day-to-day running of a key area of the IT Function (e.g. Cyber Security, Service Delivery, Networks & Operations)
Who are we looking for?
You'll be a high calibre individual, with exceptional levels of personal drive and eagerness for personal development. An analytical mind, coupled with strong communication skills and a positive attitude are essential to fit into this companies amazing culture. You might already have some experience of working in an IT Support role, or you might be an IT Graduate or college/school leaver with a passion for IT. The successful candidate will also have the following:
- Achieved, or currently studying, an IT/Business qualification
- 1-2 years' experience of working in an office environment
- Excellent customer service skills. A real desire to help people and to have the drive and tenacity to own issues from start to finish
- An excellent approach to problem solving. To have detective like skills and take a positive approach to understand and solve even the most complex problems
- A proactive and consistent approach to work and an ability to drive improvement in their areas of responsibility and beyond
- A desire to work as part of a collaborative team
- The ability to prioritise their own work to deliver the best possible customer service and ensure that the customer always comes first
- An understanding of, and ideally experience of supporting, end user technologies such as Microsoft Office 2016 and Microsoft Windows 10
- A passion for technology and desire to learn about new systems and tools
It would be great if you had:
- 1-2 years' experience of working in an IT role
- Experience of end user support in an IT environment
- An understanding of Active Directory, Office 365 Administration, Group Policy, DNS and DHCP.
- Good A-Level results in Computer Science, Maths, Physics or ICT
If you're looking for a career in IT, or you're currently in a 1st line or 1st/2nd line role, and you want to work for a company who truly values their employees career, please do not hesitate to contact Lee at MARS Recruitment.
MARS Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and positively welcomes applications from suitably qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, sex, marital status, national origin, religion, age, disability, or any other protected status. Suitable candidates for the role will be contacted within 3 working days, unfortunately if you haven't heard back in this time your application has been unsuccessful at this time.
MARS Recruitment is a specialist Engineering & IT recruiter working in partnership with companies across the UK and offers services of both an Employment Business (for Temporary/Contract roles) and an Employment Agency (for Permanent roles).