A Project Manager is required on a contract basis to join an industry leading engineering and manufacturing business.
Are you experienced in an leadership? Do you have the capabilities to be successful in a fast paced production environment? If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity, then this is the job for you!
- Management and accountability for assigned project / portfolio of projects
- Monitoring project progress and performance
- Providing Regular stakeholder reporting
- Proven risk management experience
- Working with all partners to monitor progress, to ensure project delivered in a timely manner on budget.
- Collaboration at business meetings with partners
- Resource management - Provide input for staffing and support of programs and create accurate and detailed resource-loaded project schedules
- Management of project/programme budgets
- Escalation of potential issues to Senior stakeholders and adoption of their guidance
- Maintains program level issues/action logs, risk registers, scope change requests/logs, program schedules, and program cost tracking.
- Expertise in Project/Program Management tools & processes, including project/portfolio resource and cost management. Experience in creation & maintenance of multi-disciplinary project plans is essential.
- Facilitate projects, lead chartering sessions, develop/validate network diagrams, and lead integration and compression sessions with internal and external teams.
- Mentor/coach the project leaders in project management, and address any issues one-on-one with senior divisional and department management if appropriate.
- Requires ability to learn project accounting systems and produce project-related financial reports.
- This position requires a four year college or university degree or equivalent experience within the project management field
- Six to twelve years of job-related experience in project management
- Must have very strong leadership and interpersonal skills including excellent communication skills
- Professional training in leading and facilitating meetings is highly desired.
- Previous experience directing the work of others is highly desirable.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of project management software (MS Project experience essential ) MS Office (Excel/Word/Powerpoint), Adobe Acrobat, and Web Publishing tools. Will also require knowledge of other software tools such as project accounting systems.
- Good Excel skills are vital (complex formulas, linking multiple worksheets, pivot tables, graphs).
- Knowledge of AGILE based approach to Project Management duties is highly desirable
- Project resource loading/portfolio resource management and project/portfolio cost management experience is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of company policies and processes, and company products and customers is highly desirable
- Previous experience working with Innovate UK & ETI would be desirable but not essential
- Prince 2/PMP or equivalent qualification is highly desired
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.