Fundraising Officer Community
Fundraising Officer (Community)
In some circumstances, an offer of employment (either paid or voluntary) with Concern Worldwide will only be made once a clearance check against these lists has been conducted. Any such checks will be done in full compliance with the appropriate Data Protection legislation. For additional information please consult our web site or contact the Human Resource Division in our Head Office. By submitting a formal application to Concern for paid or voluntary employment, you agree to Concern carrying out a clearance check as outlined above. Please be aware that Concern will not proceed with your application should your name appear on any of the aforementioned lists.
Concern Worldwide is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Position: Community Fundraising Executive
Location: London, UK
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: £25,389 per annum. Pension scheme is available
About the role:
You will inspire and motivate people, both individually and through organisations, to support Concern by participating in fundraising events & campaigns to maximise income in order to tackle hunger for the most vulnerable people in the world’s poorest countries.
It is the nature of this Community Fundraising role that normal working hours will involve evening and weekend work to meet the needs of the post. Occasional travel to Concern offices in London and Dublin is also required including occasional overnight stays.
- Achieve individual fundraising targets, and contribute to departmental income targets, by successfully managing and proactively developing community fundraising activities, whilst providing excellent stewardship to supporters
- Seek new opportunities in local communities, building on local networks and contacts, to develop and initiate new fundraising activities
- Support the implementation of the Community Fundraising strategy and operational plans through working collaboratively with colleagues and other teams to achieve annual objectives
- Manage all aspects of agreed key fundraising events (e.g. London Marathon and / or Annual Triathlon) including marketing, recruitment, managing budgets and effective stewardship of participants to reach income targets
- Develop and maximise income from individuals and organisations (churches, schools, clubs and societies fundraising) through third-party organised fundraising events and own-place sporting and challenge events e.g. Belfast Marathon, Lap the Lough, Climb for Concern etc
- Respond quickly and effectively during emergency appeals, using phone, print and online media, working closely with colleagues in the Community Fundraising Team, and other teams, to maximise appeal income
- Manage and report on the monthly income and expenditure budget for the agreed activities, including KPI reports and analysis of financial performance
- Represent Concern at public events, as required, ensuring a high standard of communication and professionalism
- Maintain excellent relations with internal Concern departments and teams, manage relations with external service providers and undertake additional duties, as required
- Must have achieved a third level qualification in a relevant subject or have at least 2 years’ experience in a professional fundraising, events, sales or marketing role
- Clear evidence of a track record of achievements in professional fundraising, events, sales or marketing activities
- Excellent communications skills to include strong presentation skills with experience of presenting to a variety of groups, excellent writing skills for print and on-line media, and strong interpersonal skills to engage, lead and motivate people
- Evidence of achieving financial targets, managing income & expenditure budgets and analysing & evaluating financial performance
- Willingness and ability to travel and work outside of normal working hours as the role will occasionally require evening and weekend work
Appointment will be subject to a six-month probationary period.
You may have experience of the following: Fundraising Executive, Fundraising Assistant, Community Fundraising Executive, Community Fundraiser, Fundraiser, Fundraising, Community Engagement, Fundraising Officer, Community Fundraising Officer, Sales Executive, Business Development Executive, Sales Officer, Relationship Management, Partnership Management, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not For Profit, Third Sector, etc.