Electro - Mechanical Technician
GCS require Electro-Mechanical Technicians to work on a contract basis as detailed below:
- Leading the assembly processes, to drawings and with guidance from the design engineers as required
- Purchasing of assembly tools, equipment and also small components such as fasteners
- Management of components, including storage, handling and record keeping
- Assembly of battery systems, electrical motors and housings
- Participate in electrical and mechanical part and system testing.
- Managing the outsourced manufacture of small tools, jigs and fixtures as required
- 3+ years experience working on site or in a production environment (ideally marine)
- Working knowledge of: fastener tightening procedures, corrosion protection, hydraulic systems, pressure seals, tubing and piping, pumps and flow control & wiring.
- Experience in complex electrical and mechanical part and system assembly.
- Sound understanding of fundamental electrical and mechanical principles
- Ability to understand and follow electrical and mechanical drawings.
Qualifications: NVQ/HNC in Electrical Engineering.
GCS Computer Recruitment Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.