Collections Account Manager
Working at Amigo is not just a job, it’s a cause. We believe that good people should be able to borrow fairly, flexibly and affordably, no matter what a computer credit score says.
By keeping things simple, we make life easier. We focus on what’s important and nothing else, we solve real world problems, and we treat our customers and each other as humans.
Our Collections department is a vital part of our customer journey. We are not like other collections teams, we want to understand our customers situation and help them get back on track. Our agents uphold our standards and share our values. The most important thing for us is our customers and always will be.
As a Collections consultant, you will be responsible for managing inbound & outbound calls and emails to customers, dealing with any financial difficulties they may have. The majority of your workload will include handling calls from customers who have fallen behind on payments and their accounts have gone into arrears. Some of these conversations will be challenging, but you will need to show sensitivity and understanding towards every customers’ situation.
- Provide first class customer service regarding collections issues, customer payments, direct debit enquiries and early settlement of accounts.
- You’ll spend time discussing our customer’s finances, understanding their disposable monthly income and assessing their affordability in-line with FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) guidelines to negotiate realistic payment plans.
- Be pro active in identifying the reason for customers’ accounts falling into arrears, contacting customers’ and agreeing payments and arrangements.
- Achieving set objectives and productivity targets.
- Dealing with customer queries, taking ownership and ensuring they are followed through from start to finish.
- Adhere to Data Protection Act and company data security procedures to ensure the full protection of all customer and company data.
- Resolve complex collections issues and disputes in a timely manner.
- Investigate cases to minimise risk of overdue customer accounts.
- Managing your case list as well as handling inbound calls.
- The successful candidate will need to be naturally empathetic, but also able to remain firm and professional. Your attitude is what really counts at Amigo, you need the patience and natural ability to build rapport with our customers.
- Naturally driven to want to help others.
- Confident in delivering accurate information and risks to customers.
Benefits of working at Amigo:
- Training and development to ensure you have the right knowledge, confidence and skills for the job.
- 6 Week New Starter Training Academy.
- 24 hour Employee Assistance Programme.
- Quarterly business performance bonus.
- Health Care Insurance.
- Matched up to 5% contributory pension.
- Life Insurance.
- Critical illness cover.
- Free Pure Gym membership.
- Health and Wellbeing Manager providing holistic support around your Health and Wellbeing.
- Additional days holiday each year, plus your birthday off.
- Access to multiple properties and cars after 1 years service.
- Incentives and quarterly team building activities.
- Subsidised deli style restaurant with head chef and qualified baristas.
Permanent, full time role, contracted 41.25 hours per week, including some Saturdays.
Starting Salary £22,518 with quarterly performance & pay review to a maximum of £32,888 + Bonuses + Benefits Package
Due to the high volume of applications, if you haven’t heard from us within 7 working days please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.