Teacher of Geography
An outstanding teacher is required to join our popular school for September 2019 to teach Geography
Your new school
In September 2014, Eden Girls' School, Waltham Forest opened with its founding cohort of 101 students in Year 7 and 50 students in Year 8. The school now has 541 students in Years 7-11 and is a popular and heavily subscribed academy. The organisation will grow year on year to become an 11-18 academy of 840 students with specialisms in Leadership and is fast becoming the school of choice in the local authority. The school building is currently being developed to offer State of the Art 21st Century learning facilities. The school is currently 12th nationally for progress and in the top 1% of schools nationally.
Your new role
An outstanding teacher is required to join our popular and oversubscribed school for September 2019 to teach Geography (KS3 & KS4). The ideal candidate will be a well-qualified, enthusiastic and passionate teacher who will be joining Eden Girls' School, Waltham Forest, which is part of a successful family of schools, run by STAR Academies. This is an ideal role for an NQT or experienced teacher.
What you'll need to succeed
- have a degree at 2:1 classification or better
- be able to deliver Geography to GCSE level
- be an 'outstanding' and highly committed teacher who is passionate about their subject and our learners
- be prepared to deliver after school intervention and enrichment programmes and contribute to wider school activities
- possess the skills and belief to make a significant difference to the students so they are equipped with the necessary skills for 21st century learning.
What you'll get in return
You will find a school that:
- is passionate about its mission of 'promoting a culture of educational excellence within a caring and secure Islamic environment'
- has a supportive ethos and concern for the well-being of all members of our learning community
- has high ambitions for all and provides excellent opportunities for professional development
- is well-ordered with high standards of commitment from students, staff and parents
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Brett Coventry on
Star Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to satisfactory clearances including references, DBS checks, health clearances and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.