Financial Accounts Manager
Financial Accounts Manager | Gloucestershire | £50,000 + benefits
We are recruiting for a prestigious FMCG leader in both the UK and Europe.
The role is key to ensure the integrity of the company’s financial statements, producing accurate Monthly & Quarterly Financial management reports and forecasts, and fulfilling the company’s external financial reporting obligations in line with Group accounting policy and IFRS accounting standards. As a US listed company they fall within the SOX, and the Gloucester office performs many of the gateway controls required.
This will involve legal entity integration, SAP implementation and integration of the financial accounting functions into the Gloucester Corporate Accounting Department.
- Leading a 4-person Financial Controls Team
- Compliance with organisation’s SOX control framework
- Management of internal/external auditor information requests
- Production of VAT/EC Sales List/Intrastat returns for UK and Irish companies Responsible for the accurate and timely submission of HMRC indirect reporting, including; VAT, Intrastat and EC Sales List. The responsibility extends to the processes that record the relevant data in the general ledger
- Supporting the Financial Accountant in the Annual/Monthly accounting cycle for UK companies
- Management of Working Capital forecasting and reporting process Responsible for all processes relating to the production, review and submission of the companies working capital forecasts and annual plan. This includes the production of accurate debtor and creditor forecasts used in the overall working capital numbers.
- Responsible for the accurate forecasting of foreign currency cash flows to ensure that the UK is hedged in line with company policy Management of company travel expenses process
- Performance of monthly ledger reconciliations and controls. Deliver a true and correct general ledger position by monthly and annual deadlines to ensure the Groups stakeholder reporting requirements are met. This includes responsibility for the related financial processes and controls that ensure this.
- Management of treasury activities for UK and Irish companies
- Responsibility for control/maintenance of General Ledger
- Processing/control of Company fixed assets register
- Provision of financial information to support corporation tax return
Knowledge and skills
- SAP Finance Module
- Tax legislation: Corporation tax, VAT, Intrastat, ECSL
- Highly computer literate: Advanced Excel required
- Analytical, ability to visualise multiple process flows in order to optimise positioning of controls for maximum effectiveness
- IFRS/IAS instruments (desirable)
- SOX knowledge (knowledge from a business with strong focus on controls may be ok) (desirable)
- A financially minded qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA / ACA)
- Financial and tax reporting
- Able to lead a cross functional team
- Delivering significant change in a highly controlled environment.
- FMCG Finance experience (desirable)
- Line management experience (desirable)