Support role in Hull school
Teaching Personnel are currently looking for support staff to work at 'Outstanding' School in Scunthorpe. The school caters to a range of SEN pupils covering a broad spectrum of disabilities.
As a Learning Support Practioner, your role will involve providing education to children and young people with a broad range of SEN conditions. The role of Learning Support Assistant focuses on developing independent life skills through individually designed programmes.
Your duties would include:
- Supporting the class teacher/tutor in order to ensure the delivery of a high quality education for all students
- Providing relevant support and appropriate support to students, on an individual or group basis, in order to enable them to access the curriculum as independently as possible.
- Working collaboratively with the class teacher to adequately plan to ensure the safety of students, in line with risk assessments, while both on and off site.
- Working with and manage challenging behaviour
Key Skills Required
- Experience of working with learning difficulties and/or challenging behaviour's.
- Experience of work within an education/residential setting.
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently.
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
If you are a dynamic, adaptable and compassionate individual looking for a career as a Learning Support Practioner, please apply immediately by calling Harry at Teaching Personnel on or by sending your CV via email
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.