Happy Days is one of the largest nursery providers in the South West, with 21 settings across Cornwall, Devon, Dorset and Bristol, and we are currently undergoing a programme of expansion. We are recruiting an experienced Nursery Manager to run our estanlished setting in Poole, Dorset.
Although we are growing rapidly, we remain small enough that everyone is involved and makes a noticeable impact! We enjoy autonomy and our approach is personable, supportive, proactive and collaborative.
Above everything we care. We care about each other, we care about developing our people and we care about providing the highest quality service to our customers.
As a Nursery Manager working with us, you can expect a competitive salary, excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
Your role as Nursery Manager will include:
- Recruit suitable people, encouraging a diverse workforce. Induct, support, and train all colleagues to ensure a high quality childcare practice
• Support colleague retention and team building through effective communication, succession planning and team engagement
• Developing and maintaining positive relationships with parents, children and childcare professionals
• Have a child centred approach to the running of the service, ensuring the observation and planning process meets the needs of all children and their interests
• Daily management and monitoring of all health and safety practices and progress checks
- Understand the importance of keeping everybody safe and act as a designated person for safeguarding children
• Deploy colleagues effectively to maintain colleague ratios in accordance with statutory regulations and budgets
• Administer, maintain, monitor and report on all relevant finances
• Encourages an environment of continuous professional development including a commitment to update own knowledge through a range of sources
- Marketing and raising the profile of the nursery within the new community
Essential Skills and Experience Required:
• A full and relevant level 3 qualification
• Relevant safeguarding/child protection training undertaken and a willingness to update training regularly
• Previous Nursery Management experience in relevant settings.
• Able to have empathy and an ability to understand a child’s view
• Able to communicate clearly with adults and children using a variety of techniques. Project positively the organisations goals, philosophies and policies to parent, colleague, and the community.
• Motivate, inspire, and lead a team, encouraging team effort. Provide coaching and mentoring. Able to manage the performance of others and succession plan
• Able to be a competent user of company ICT systems and have the willingness to learn and develop ICT skills.
• Demonstrate good financial acumen with the skills to manage budgets
• Able to manage workload and manage time effectively to deliver the desired results.
If you are interested in applying, please forward your CV to Gosia at or contact on
"Happy Days, Committed to safer recruitment"