Residential Work: 1:1 with Autistic Adults 6-16 y/o
Veritas Education are looking to recruit several Residential Support Workers for a number of clients, one of which being in the Leyland Area.
Vacancy Type: Temp to Perm
Salary: 7.4 - 9.5 per Hour
Hours: 37. 5 Per Week
Monday - Friday: 7:30am - 16:00pm, Late Shifts 16:00pm- 22:00pm
Weekends: 7:30am-14:30pm or 14:00pm - 22:00pm
Our Client is the UK's leading independent provider of specialist adult care services. Their aim is to provide the right support in the right home for all the individuals then accommodate. When you join our client you'll be part of something special.
Within a community-based residential care settings, as well as a network of supported living services, they support adults up to the age of 18 with autism, dementia, learning disabilities, mental health conditions, Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) and behaviours that challenge. They offer a range of residential and nursing care settings for older people with varying levels of need.
The residential home is set in a rural location just outside of Preston. Here they support 12 (6 - 18 Year old) boys and girls who have learning disabilities and predominantly an autism diagnosis with some aspects of EBD.
We're looking for a Support Worker to provide care and support for adults with autism and associated learning disability. Both personal care and participation in activities are key parts of the Support Worker role, so energy, excellent communication and organisational skills are vital.
As a Support Worker you will be a key member of the team, providing high standards of person-centred support and care to their service users. Through a creative and caring approach, you will build good relationships with both service users and their families, supporting service users in the planning of goals and in living as independently as possible.
Benefits of being a Support Worker:
- A competitive salary.
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
- Comprehensive induction and commitment to on-going training.
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays.
- Online benefits and cashback rewards.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- SMART childcare vouchers.
- SMART pension option.
What we'd like from you:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective organisational capability.
- Up to date DBS (TRANSFERABLE).
- Great team player.
- Flexibility to respond to the changing needs of those who we support.
- Extremely Resilient.
- Strong "can do" attitude.
If you feel you meet/exceed the criteria mentioned above, then please dont hesistate to apply with you most recent CV!!!
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'