IT Technician Team Leader - Manchester
DWF LLP is now seeking to recruit an IT Technician Team Leader to join the IT team to be based in the Manchester office.
If you want to build an exciting future with one of Europe's most innovative legal businesses, apply below as we're interested in hearing from you!
Main function of job:
In this role, you will lead, supervise and support the development of IT Site Technicians to deliver an effective IT support service, ensuring that support queries are resolved or issues triaged & escalated. Where appropriate liaise with the Development and IT Training teams. You will ensure an excellent standard of customer service to our Clients and the wider IT Team.
- Ensure operational procedures are in place, improved and managed effectively and that workflow is coordinated between the team members.
- Manage, develop and coach the team to ensure that service standards are implemented and develop a strongly customer service driven ethos coupled with high quality delivery of service within the team.
- Conduct regular one to ones, set and review objectives, conduct back to work and trigger absence interviews and address performance issues following DWF disciplinary procedures where applicable
- Mentoring and development of the team and working with seniors to improve efficiency and quality of service and communication to the business.
- To log information on calls received, where required and maintain detailed and accurate records.
- To provide face to face support on technology such as computers, printers, servers, network equipment and mobile devices, logging all request into the call management system (SupportWorks).
- Provide international support to sites allocated too
- To troubleshoot problems, understand/identify the problem and resolve promptly to the satisfaction of the client.
- To facilitate the movement of IT equipment.
- To keep up to date with technical knowledge and industry developments.
- To work in accordance with the Firm’s standards, protocols and service level agreements ensuring confidentiality is maintained at all times.
- To take responsibility for ensuring at sites responsible, the communication cabinets are well maintained, and backup routines are adhered to.
- Define and run framework for embedding Usability By Design for global employee services including but not limited to mapping user journeys, visualising what optimal experience looks like
- Drive existing and create new channels to obtain user feedback for IT services and solutions
- To be able to work in a fast paced, demanding environment.
- Engage with platform product & supplier teams and be the voice of our employees for input into product & feature road-map evolution
- Monitor & report user experience issues and work in conjunction with teams to drive top items to closure
- To possess good interpersonal skills and a service-orientated approach.
- To possess excellent organisational and time management skills with experience of meeting targets and deadlines.
- To be detail-orientated with a significant emphasis on quality of work.
- To be able to undertake shift work covering between the hours of 8am and 6pm and some travel across the UK maybe required.
A working knowledge of some or all of the following:-
- Experience of working in the Legal/Professional Services industry in an IT capacity
- Excellent business awareness, understanding the broader context in which IT delivery has an impact on overall business performance.
- Strong appreciation of the service and governance processes and challenges
- Essential to have a broader understanding of change management practices and associated functions
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Microsoft Operating Systems & Microsoft Office
- Legal-specific systems (Practice / Case / Document Management)
- Anti-Virus products
- PC security
- PC hardware
- Peripheral devices
- Network multifunction devices (Print / Copy / Scan)
- Mobile devices (Phones, Blackberries, iPhones)
- Backup maintenance
We want you to feel valued and rewarded by your time at DWF. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. That’s why, when you join DWF, you’ll be given a choice. You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, holiday buy / sell scheme, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers and dining cards. We are also happy to discuss flexible working patterns.
We are actively recruiting and keen to hear from you, please apply!
DWF is an award-winning legal business with a strong reputation for excellent client service and effective operational management. There are now over 3000 people in the DWF Group, based in 26 key locations across the globe.
Note to recruitment agencies
We operate a strict preferred supplier list and we will only accept CV's from agencies who we have agreed terms with and who we have instructed to assist us with this recruitment. All introductions should be made direct to the Talent Acquisition team and we will not pay a fee for any CV's sent to our business outside of this process.