Assistant Financial Accountant
Based in Enfield
Salary up to £30,000 + study support
A fast-growing business based in Enfield are seeking an ambitious & progressive Assistant Financial Accountant. Due to internal progression, the role will provide all round exposure within financial reporting.
A fantastic opportunity if you are an early stage CIMA/ ACCA studier and are looking for the next role to progress your finance experience.
We are not looking for someone who has done all of the below but you will certainly need to have had good exposure to month end accounting and be a confident user of excel.
Full study support will be provided
Responsibilities & Duties:
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Performing month end close procedures such as accruals and prepayment journal postings and assistance with preparing the group's monthly and quarterly management accounts;
- Provide support to the FP&A team, including analysis of actual results against budget;
- Working closely with manufacturing and sales operations to understand the end to end cost process ensuring accurate inventory and cost of sales accounting;
- Working with the systems team to ensure that the reporting system provides accurate and reliable outputs, while looking at ways to make system improvements;
- Assisting with preparation of the Group's IFRS statutory financial statements and working with the auditors during the annual external audit;
- Performing cost accounting entries including month end inventory and cost of sales reconciliations;
- Running the monthly commission payments and handling queries from the wider business;
- Ad hoc tasks and projects.
Education & Experience:
The successful candidate will ideally be a part-qualified accountant with some experience in industry. The role is also suitable for an individual keen to begin a career in finance and work towards a finance qualification. You will also:
- have a keen interest in accountancy and finance;
- be energetic and robust with the ability to interact with the wider business coupled with the tenacity and drive to deliver results;
- have advanced Excel skills including pivot tables and lookups;
- have excellent oral and written communication skills.