Manager Operations Support Underwriting
A leading Global Financial Institution is seeking to employ a Manager Operations Support Underwriting based in London.
Hours 35 per week/permanent.
Competitive salary offered.
The Manager Operations Support Underwriting will be part of the underwriting Services which is responsible for the execution of credit risk-related applications processing in RBWM (Retail Banking and Wealth Management), specifically, the assessment and judgmental approval of all Retail Banking product applications referred for manual review. They will be responsible to mobilize and direct projects to medium to high complexity to closure. They are typically responsible for the end to end delivery of a single project or work stream of a larger programme or project.
The Manager Operations Support Underwriting will proactively balance scope, schedule, risks, outcomes and benefits aligning to the organisation’s project management framework. They will be responsible for creation, design, and implementation to ensure sustainability is achieved for global processes across CCS Regions (Credit Control Services). They will consider best practice across multiple markets and consider the best approach considering Regional and Market regulation.
The Manager Operations Support Underwriting will contribute to the Underwriting performance and risk mitigation activity through effective implementation and execution of established and new underwriting processes and controls to ensure achievement of business objectives. They will take ownership for contributing to the development of functional requirements and standards to deliver optimum business performance, strong control environments and customer-centric function.
The Manager Operations Support Underwriting will be accountable for delivery against prescribed targets, programs, project budget and resourcing. Moreover, they will support the deployment of Global standards and best practices to ensure day to day activities within the Underwriting functions have the proper oversight and control framework in place.
The successful candidate will be a graduate and will have the following attributes:
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in Business Administration, Commerce or any numerate discipline and sustantial experience in related field is desired.
- Underwriting knowledge is a valuable asset.
- High energy and results oriented as both an individual contributor, and as a member of a team.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity.
- Formidable decision-making ability and planning skills with strong focus on execution.
- Ability to rapidly form effective relationships and achieve influence at all levels in the organization.
- Process flow and standard procedural documentation creation ability.
- Financial acumen: ability to budget, track and control project expenditure.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Excellent negotiation, influence, mediation and conflict management skills.
- Excellent English written & verbal communication skills, other languages an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Stong capability for working across cultures and in matrixed organizational structures.
- Understanding and translating Change Delivery strategy into own team and aligning directions accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly develop an understanding of customer needs and wants in order to deliver to the requirements.
- Process documentation on Robotics is desirable.
Closing dates for applications: 6th May 2019