Leadership and Management Skills Coach
My client is a Social Enterprise looking for a highly skilled and resilient Skills Coach to become part of their growing Apprenticeship provision. This particular opportunity is open to individuals with significant experience of Management practices and a passion for supporting new and developing managers in the workplace.
This role is to deliver Management Apprenticeship Standards at Level 5 across the East Midlands region. In addition to the specialisms above you will have occupational competence Customer Service & Team Leading.
Recent experience in the delivery and assessment methods of apprenticeship Standards; including the teaching and embedding of Maths and English Functional Skills at levels 1 & 2 as part of an apprenticeship is essential. You should also have a sound knowledge of the Apprenticeship reforms and the new Apprenticeship Standards this role will deliver.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Work closely with employers and the Apprenticeship Performance Manager to develop engaging and bespoke apprenticeship programme.
- Ensure robust planning of apprenticeship programmes for each learner to show progress from their individual starting point, incorporating learning on the job, off the job, and led by the Skills Coach.
- Manage a caseload of candidates ensuring timely progression of the Level 5 Department / Operations Management Apprenticeship.
- Ensure weekly contact with apprentices, providing exemplary teaching, learning and assessment.
- Embrace the use of technology to enhance teaching and learning; develop learning resource and activity that apprentices can access through the virtual learning environment.
- Monitor learner's progression and ensure all forms of teaching, learning and assessment for each element of the apprenticeship is completed enabling candidates to meet the criteria of the Standard and the embedded ILM Diploma.
- Maintain candidate records accurately both hard copy and electronically and ensure all evidence for all visits is readily available and accessible for audit and quality purposes.
- Implement any improvements identified as a result of performance reviews and internal verification sampling.
- Engage employers in all candidate reviews, developing positive attitudes towards the mandatory 20% off the job requirement and ensuring compliance to this.
- Proactively work with the Apprenticeship Performance Manager to meet core KPIs on learner progress, achievement and outcomes.
- Promote and monitor the Prevent Duty, Safeguarding, equality of opportunity and safe working practices as defined by Futures policies ensuring all mandatory training is completed
- Attendance at Apprenticeship Team & Standardisation meetings.
- Promote and continuously embed Maths & English throughout teaching and learning, providing tailored delivery in the instance of Functional Skills inclusion to the individual's apprenticeship framework
- This role is home based but will require frequent travel across the East Midlands region. A full, clean drivers licence is essential
- There is a requirement to pass an enhanced DBS check - the cost of the DBS check is covered by the company.
- To commit to and demonstrate behaviours based on the Company Values.
- To ensure a personal commitment to Customer Care and the Company reputation for excellence.
- To ensure the exchange of relevant information between partners takes place, ensuring the customer/client has given consent and that data protection requirements are complied with.
- To participate in any staff review/performance management processes involving the identifying and meeting of training needs for self and others.
- To take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- To pursue the achievement and integration of equal opportunities throughout all activities.
- To comply with all policies and procedures
- Futures is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share and promote this commitment.
- To undertake any other duties, which may reasonably be regarded as within the scope and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.