Business Development Manager South East
Business Development Manager - South East
We are seeking a Business Development Manager to be based in the South East of England for one of the largest manufacturers of interconnect products in the world. The Company designs, manufactures and markets electrical, electronic and fibre optic connectors, coaxial and flat-ribbon cable, and interconnect systems. This role will be home based but reporting into the main Whitstable facility.
The primary end markets for the Company's products are communications and information processing markets, including cable television, cellular telephone and data communication and information processing systems; aerospace and military electronics; and automotive, rail and other transportation and industrial applications.
The Business Development Manager will manage existing customers, identify new business opportunities and convert them into sales to meet the company targets for growth and profitability across multiple markets.
Responsibilities & Duties include:
- Responsible for developing new business from new accounts
- Interfaces between customers and other functions within the organisation to provide service to new and developing customers
- Ensures that responses to customer enquiries are completed on a timely basis to achieve service and quality standards
- Informs customers of new product/technologies and services
- Creates, monitors and revises lead generation plans to generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline
- Submits reports detailing sales statistics such as order levels, margin levels, call rates, leads, etc
- Maintains up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of the organisation's and competitor's products and/or services
- Manages performance through key performance indicators
- Develops strategic plans for business development and responsible for achieving profitable growth in line with the business objective
- Conducts joint visits with engineering, sales and other relevant departments and provides feedback to the business
- Responsible for achieving sales and order intake, as well as budgets and forecasts
Experience and Qualifications
- Significant sales and business development experience in the Connector sector
- Demonstrable sales successes and growth
- Self-motivated and extremely focused, work on own initiative
- Able to adopt an advisory, consultative approach when selling products, with a can-do attitude.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong commercial flair and applies the highest ethical standards in all dealings and transactions
- Driving Licence - Essential
- Salary - Negotiable dependent upon experience
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Plan
- Car allowance
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience and wish to apply please send a brief copy of your CV and a covering letter, outlining your suitability for the role, please send your CV to Philip Delaloye on or call on .