IT and Systems Manager
Opportunity for an experienced IT and Systems Manager to join our client's team; a leading Luxury Brand in the FMCG space.
Responsible for the delivery of IT strategy, aligning IT deployment in a commercial and effective manner, managing the systems, maximising adoption of technologies and delivering on any strategic business change programmes through the use of both internal and external resources.
- Develop technical aspects of the company’s strategy to ensure alignment with its business goals
- Discover and implement new technologies that yield competitive advantage
- Help departments use technology profitably
- Supervise system infrastructure to ensure functionality and efficiency
- Build quality assurance and data protection processes
- Monitor KPIs and IT budgets to assess technological performance
- Procure, negotiate, manage and monitor of contracts for services provided by third parties ensuring effective service delivery.
- Manage the relationships with contractors and suppliers
- To ensure effective management of staff and resources promoting team building and collaborative working to deliver the company objectives
- Ensure compliance with relevant data protection legislation such as GDPR
- Apply a structured methodology and lead change management activities. Prepare and implement project plans to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Liaising regularly with executive and senior management as well as systems users.
- Developing standard operating procedures aligned with industry best practices, and ensuring written protocols and guidelines are provided for IT staff and all end-users.
- Keeping up-to-date with the most recent technologies and advising on what new technological solutions and their implementation will meet business and systems requirements.
- Negotiating with suppliers of hardware and software to get the best deal, including external support, and being responsible for contracting consultants and making service agreements.
- Creating a budget for each project as well as managing the financial aspects of the entire IT department such as purchases and ongoing budgeting.
- Oversee the provision of Helpdesk services & PC infrastructure to end-users
Technical Skills Requirements
- Microsoft Windows/Server OS
- Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Office 365
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft Office
- SharePoint Online
- VMWare ESX
- Veeam Backup
- Voice over IP
- Firewalls (WatchGuard)
- Proven experience as a Manager or similar role
- Knowledge of technology trends to build the strategy
- Understanding of budgets and business-planning
- Ability to conduct technological analyses and research
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership and organisational abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Problem-solving aptitude
We do try to get back to as many applicants as possible, however some roles are in very high demand, and we will always carefully select and shortlist the resumes that are most aligned with our client’s requirements; so if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks, then please assume that your application has not been shortlisted on this occasion.