You will join an expanding agile team within a finance technology company, working on projects built on top of their new and innovative Cloud platform. We are looking for a talented, creative developer who is keen to improve.
We are not looking for a website designer; we need developers who are passionate about coding. You will receive help and guidance from a supportive team and can expect your skills to improve significantly.
There are opportunities for bright candidates to progress quickly within the team and potential to work with other technologies such as Java and Angular.
· Career advancement - Comprehensive appraisal processes, skill development and team leadership structure will support your success. Promotion is from within where possible
· Holidays - Employees enjoy 23 days holiday in addition to eight public holidays. Additional holiday is accrued at the rate of one extra day for every two years of service up to a maximum of 28 days
· Pension - Automatic enrolment of employees on the pension scheme, which offers an above-average employer contribution
· Bonus - They believe in rewarding staff for their hard work. That’s why after a year of service you’ll be eligible for a discretionary profit -related bonus
· Life assurance - In the event of the death of an employee, this is paid at a rate of four times the basic annual salary
· Employee assistance programme - 24-hour confidential life-management and personal support services for employees and immediate family at the same address
· Childcare Vouchers - A work/life balance can be difficult with young children, so there is a childcare voucher scheme through Edenred, by way of salary sacrifice
· Eye test - the cost of your eye tests is covered and a contribution towards the cost of your glasses or contact lenses if you need to wear them when working
· Dress - What you wear each day is up to you. They don’t have a strict dress code - it’s about being adaptable in your style to suit the nature of your working day
· Social - They are proud of their team spirit, their social committee organise plenty of events from bowling to go karting and evenings out
· Christmas - A good venue is booked so staff can celebrate Christmas in style! The annual party and ad hoc events are a chance to have fun with teammates and enjoy the entertainment provided
· Office Environment - Enjoy a relaxed, comfortable working environment close to town centre amenities
· Charity - Each year different charities benefit from the annual football tournament, bake-off, tough mudders, skydives and more. You name it we’ll do it for charity!
· Sporting Events - Can’t bear to miss the World Cup and Wimbledon? Don’t worry, you’ll be able to watch the matches on numerous televisions around the office
· Free Tea and Coffee - No one wants to pay for drinks whilst at work. Sit back and enjoy a variety of free tea and coffee along with plenty of cold drink options.
Reporting to the Cloud Development Manager, you will be expected to:
· Interpret complex business specifications
· Implement requirements using clean and concise code
· Write unit tests for your code
· Create professional user interfaces
· Adapt quickly to the team's development tools, processes and version control
· Participate in stand-up meetings, brainstorm sessions and demos
Plus knowledge of:
· A high level language, e.g. Java, C# or C++
· HTML & CSS
The role will involve the following skills, so any exposure to these would be an advantage:
· AJAX and JQuery
· Unit Testing
· Agile methodologies
· Web Services and Restful APIs
· Version Control eg GIT
· Network and Browser debugging tools (Fiddler, Chrome DevTools and Postman)
· Future skills and technologies which may be gained within the role.
· Java and Spring
· Unit Testing frameworks (Jasmine and Protractor, Mockito)
· Test Driven Development
The deadline for applying for this role is 22nd March 2019. Interviews will start from 1st April 2019.