** Assistant Accountant** ** 12 month Mat cover ** **Reading**
Page Personnel Finance and Accountancy are recruiting for an Assistant Accountant based in the centre of Reading. My client is a leading global brand.
The key duties for the Assistant Accountant are:
- Support, direct and prioritise to make the best use of the team's resource.
- Liaise with internal departments, provide key metrics to support business functions.
- Identify efficiency's and drive process improvement.
- Reconciliation of E-Commerce workbooks to cash receipts.
- Preparation and submission of Reporting to clients.
- Posting of vendor invoices from clients, and /or preparation and posting of self-billing royalty invoices.
- Preparation and submission of profitability analysis to internal management.
- Ad hoc analysis as required.
- Authorise client payments.
Month End Close
- Posting of month end journals, sales/cost accruals etc.
- Preparation and filing of UK/US tax returns.
- Close inventory periods.
The successful candidate for this role will/have:
- Strong communication capabilities to educate finance and non-finance personnel.
- excellent attention to detail as well as possessing good presentation skills and be comfortable leading a small team while hitting challenging reporting deadlines
- Experience within a similar role
- Be available at short notice
- Technical knowledge of double entry accounting.
On offer to the candidate is a great organisation, great company benefits, on site parking and competitive rates