IT Infrastructure Manager
IT Infrastructure Manager. Welcome Break
IT Team. Welcome Break Support Centre, Newport Pagnell, MK16 9EZ
Competitive salary plus on-call allowance plus excellent benefits. Full Time.
We are currently recruiting for an IT Infrastructure Manager to join our IT Team at Welcome Break Support Centre in Newport Pagnell. Welcome Break is an exciting, dynamic and successful organisation, managing Food, Retail, Hotels, Fuel and Gaming operations. Increasingly we’re using technology to drive and grow the business. You will be an individual with the skills, experience and dynamism to work with our business and IT Dept to monitor, manage, support and improve the infrastructure on which our key technologies depend, in order to help us to significantly grow our sales and profits.
About the Role.
This role will -
- Manage & deliver the Infrastructure Team
- Monitor, maintain, support and improve all key IT systems & infrastructure across the Business, 24x7x365.
- Fix 3rd line technical problems, identified by any IT Team.
- Support the Head of IT Operations, Infrastructure and Support to architect all IT Projects
- Work with Head of IT Operations, Infrastructure and Support to plan and deliver the roadmap for each element of the key IT system & infrastructure.
- Provide technical resource for key business / IT projects.
- Manage & develop the Infrastructure Team members.
- Manage and improve infrastructure Supplier performance
- Manage infrastructure services & projects within budget
- Maintain and monitor key IT systems & Infrastructure
- Adhere to and participate in Change Control processes.
- Improve the robustness and customer experience of the key IT systems & infrastructure at Sites and Head Office.
- Maintain documented technical support procedures for all key IT systems & infrastructure
- Manage a customer feedback process every quarter to determine the performance of the key IT systems & infrastructure.
Qualities we look for
To make it as an IT Infrastructure Manager, you’ll need to have:
- Line Management experience
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Excellent technical analysis problem solving skills
- Strong prioritisation, planning & time management skills
- Experience in the following infrastructure areas; Hardware and Hosting, End User Computing, Networks and IT Security.
- Experience of supplier management
You will also need to be:
- Delivery focused
- Focused on attention to detail
- Diligence & commitment.
- Pro-active and analytical
- Committed to working in small dedicated team
- Calm under pressure
- Interested in technology
- Bright / articulate / able to converse at all levels
- Ideally from a Retail / Hospitality / Leisure background, with a minimum of 18 months Infrastructure Management.
- Experience of Support Management methodologies - ideally ITIL
- Track record of working with leading Retail / Hospitality / Leisure businesses to successfully manage technical environments.
- Experienced IT Infrastructure Manager (qualified; demonstrable achievements in Network, Communications, Server, technical management).
- Line Management & Supplier Management experience
- Wintel (Server-2003,2008,2012,2016; Windows-XP,7,10; SQL-2000-2012)
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Office 365 - ongoing management
- Virtualisation: VMWare vSphere, Citrix XenServer
- VDI - XenApp 6.5
- Networking (LAN, WAN, VLAN, WiFi)
- Security (ACL, Firewall, PCI, GDPR)
Key benefits for IT Infrastructure Manager.
- Competitive salary
- 33 days’ holiday (incl BH)
- Contributory pension
- Structured career path and bespoke training
- Discounts from 1000s of high street stores via MyWelcomeBreak.
- Generous discounts on hotel rooms for you and family members
Due responsibilities within the role applicants will need to be 18 years of age or over and must have own transport to get to / from sites.