IT Service Desk Technician
IT Service Desk Technician, Workington, Full Time, Permanent, Circa £20,000
Are you looking for your next career move in the field of IT? We are looking to appoint an IT Service Desk Technician who can operate as the face to face point of contact for the business to ensure that IT services across the organisation are running smoothly at all times for our internal users. The role is offered on a full time basis on a permanent contract and comes with a salary of around £20,000 per annum.
Benefits on offer
Fast growing and well established business with chance for you to develop your skills with the IT industry. Access to online training is provided as well as the opportunity to complete classroom-based courses. There may be occasional requirement for overtime work outside work hours to complete work which requires down time. This is covered by additional pay per hour.
This is a customer-facing role with a range of duties, some of which include:
- Providing first-line and second-line support to staff and students, this may be remotely, over the phone or face to face.
- Repairing IT equipment within classrooms e.g. podiums, projectors and interactive boards.
- Ensuring that helpdesk tickets are responded to and resolved in compliance with the company SLA agreement.
- Providing admin support and updates to the IT department financial records.
- Attending weekly Helpdesk meetings where each member of the team gives and update on the previous weeks Helpdesk tickets, issues and progression.
- Creating user accounts for staff, students and commercial course attendees.
- Using System Centre Configuration Manager to deploy operating systems and applications to devices.
- Providing training to staff on IT systems.
- Configure and deploy a range of hardware to support staff and students across the company.
- Complete file recoveries for users and take part in backup recovery testing.
- Take part in active support visits to various sites across Cumbria.
- Create and maintain documentation on the use of systems within the business to assist staff, students and the sharing of knowledge within the IT department.
- Provide support to the VLE (Moodle) where appropriate, e.g. Creating VLE accounts, reset VLE passwords, adding learners to courses.
- Assist IT Technicians and IT Support Lead with infrastructure work as required.
Systems used within the company
- 800+ devices on the network ranging from laptops, desktops, tablet and mobile devices.
- Windows Server 2012 R2 and Server 2019.
- Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Cisco Networking Equipment.
- Veeam Backup Recovery and Replication.
- Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials Plus accredited.
The following skills and experience is essential;
- Good communication skills.
- Committed to ongoing training and developing their skills within the department.
- Good organisational skills.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about having a career in IT.
- Ability to work on their own as well as work as part of a team.
- Good troubleshooting skills.
- Previous experience using Active Directory.
- Must hold a full UK driving license.
System People operate as a Recruitment Agency in this instance.