Trainee Commercial Account Executive (Insurance Broking)
We are assisting the Harrogate office of a leading broker as they look to add a Trainee Account Executive to the team to work alonside Senior Account Executives and the Branch Director in relation to celint retention and new business generation.
The successful applicant will take on a small portfolio of existing clients with a view to retaining these and growing the account organically and through new business generation. The role will suit a desk based sales executive or a new business focused Account Handler that has a good understanding of commercial / SME insurance, ideally within a broker.
- You will be building up and handling your own portfolio of accounts whilst maximising client retention and enhancing revenue stream
- To operate in accordance with company agreed processes
- Own client business retention by efficient / prompt handling of all matters - day-to-day enquiries, renewals, mid-term adjustments and new enquiries
- Proactive development of new business streams from referrals and recommendations
- To review and provide technical advice and opinion on clients' and prospects' insurance programmes
- To put together Client Prospect risk presentations to forward to Insurers and to negotiate insurance premiums and cover with Insurers in line with Client requirement
- Review insurer placements to ensure that best advice is offered at all times
- Offer appropriate premium payment options
- Develop strong relationships with key suppliers as evidenced by account size and profitability
- Work towards individual KPI's as set by Line Manager
- High level of ambition and drive
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong customer handling skills teamed with a positive approach
- Desire to achieve results
- The ability to prioritise workloads
- The ability to build and retain rapport
- Knowledge of commercial insurance
- Ability to generate new business
- Exceptional customer focus with great relationship building skills
- Cert CII - beneficialbut not essential
In return there is a basic salary ranging from 25k to 32k plus a car allowance, 25 days holiday, competitive pension, bonuses based on performance, free on-site parking and support for CII qualifications. The role also offers great career prospects and the opportunity to work closely with a handful of very experienced Account Executives that will provide support, on-going training and advice.
Please contact Daniel at Nixon Allen to dicsuss further.