TA2 Vacancy - Secondary School 1:1 EBD Support
Veritas Education are working alongside an 11-16 High School in Blackburn who are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant for an upcoming position. Starting in September 2019 on a full-time basis, the SENCO is hoping to appoint someone who is energetic, dedicated, passionate, hard-working and engaging. Shortlisting will take place in the coming weeks and the post is due to commence in the new academic year.
A coeducational school situated on the outskirts of Blackburn which was formally a grammar school and now falls under an Academy Trust; this large, popular school was recently praised by Ofsted for its improvements and the new Principal 'has taken swift action to strengthen senior leadership and they are having a positive effect on the quality of provision'. It is ideally situated, with on-site parking and close links to the M65 motorway and for those on public transport it is easily accessed via numerous bus routes.
The successful applicant must be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic and have a flexible approach to the work they undertake…
Duties will include:
- Providing 1:1 support for a male student in Y9 with Social, Emotional & Mental Health Issues
- Reinforcing learning and behaviour policies
- Encouraging the student to partake in classroom activities
- Supporting the student socially to help with integration into school life
To be considered for the role you should be:
- Experienced/willing to undergo training
- Hold a Level 2 qualification/equivalent (or higher)
- Confident around children
- Friendly and approachable
- Open, honest and non-judgmental
- Team player
- Sensitive to the children's and family's needs
- Confident with IT/administration
For further information or to apply for the position please give me a call on or e-mail me on
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, be able to provide a full career history with up to date references and have or be willing to apply for an enhanced DBS Certificate.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'