Title: Admissions Officer
Reports to: Senior Admissions Officer
Based at: Luton Campus
The job holder will be responsible for the efficient management and continuous improvement of LSST’s admission process, with particular focus on achieving a positive applicant experience. Ensuring the students of the highest caliber, with the potential to succeed, are admitted and that the principles of fair admissions are upheld. Working closely with the Faculty Department and Departmental Staff to ensure the efficient processing of applications and maintain our principles of inclusivity and fairness for all.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To manage the day to day processes for admission department.
- To lead, motivate and develop the admissions team within the campus, managing daily workflow and resource allocation to ensure a smooth functioning of the department.
- Provide the highest quality of service for potential Home and EU students.
- To act as a key point of contact for key stakeholders, both internal and external.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for fielding, filtering, and effectively responding to enquiries received via telephone, email, and in person.
- Provide information and advice to applicants on admissions, including entry requirements, funding eligibility, and admission status, from first enquiry through to enrolment.
- Undertake regular and timely follow-up to all leads to meet minimum response times and thus ensuring maximum conversion.
- Collaborate with the marketing team, academic faculty and support staff in all aspects of student recruitment.
- Participate in all relevant meetings, training and development sessions to enhance the student application experience at LSST.
- Effectively participate in initiatives to drive student recruitment and enrolment opportunities, including attending internal and external events, and other promotional activities.
- Oversee and assist with admission process, including administering the online assessments, document verification and arranging academic interviews.
- Record and report accurate timely information on LSST computerised Student Management Systems (SMS) and other worksheets.
- Organise and oversee the LSST Admission Panel, including taking accurate meeting minutes.
- Provide accurate and timely reports, to the admission director and other senior management within LSST, with information on student recruitment, monitoring progress towards recruitment targets.
- Issue offers and rejections, via SMS, on behalf of the Admission Panel within the set timeframe.
- Manage the complaints and appeals process for admissions and provide accurate information to all applicants.
- Ensuring all files are completed accurately and in accordance to set guidelines.
- Ensuring all documents are uploaded onto SMS and student files and application are handed over to LSST registry department.
- Keep up to date with regulations and guidelines, regularly reading guidance notes and attending training courses and seminars as necessary.
The post holder must respect the confidentiality of data stored electronically and by other means in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
All members of staff are required to be professional, co-operative and flexible in line with the needs of the post, Department and College.