Customer Support Specialist
Purpose of the role: Reporting to the Customer Support Lead, the Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd level service support to Kallidus clients in accordance with customer service level agreements. The Customer Support Specialist is expected to have a well-rounded knowledge of Kallidus products, infrastructure and database in order to provide a one-stop shop for all Kallidus customer support queries.
The Customer Support Specialist will ensure that customers are kept up-to-date with the status of their requests until they are fully resolved. Customer Support Specialist is a predominantly customer facing role and must be willing to go above and beyond to ensure that customer questions are answered clearly and in a timely fashion.
Kallidus is a fast-paced environment, so the successful candidate will need to be comfortable managing multiple customer queries within a complex and demanding environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Customer Support Lead, the role contains the following responsibilities:
- Acts as the routine contact point, receiving and handling client requests for support.
- Responds to a broad range of requests for by providing information to fulfil requests or enable resolution.
- Maintain clear communications with clients on their issues, owning and tracking all live cases to ensure that customers are kept up-to-date with the progress of their case.
- Provides investigation and diagnosis and promptly escalates unresolved issues as appropriate.
- Provides high quality service to clients using problem solving skills, which includes asking meaningful probing questions to diagnose issues and offering solutions/education as needed
- Prioritises and diagnoses incidents according to agreed procedures
- Investigates causes of incidents and seeks resolution
- Facilitates recovery, following resolution of incidents.
- Documents and closes resolved incidents according to agreed procedures.
- Undertakes planned .NET code deployments when required
- Undertakes planned upgrades and migrations when required
- Applies change control procedures.
- Contributes to creation of support documentation
- Understands and demonstrates the Kallidus company values with colleagues and clients
Required Skills & Experience
- Degree educated or equivalent qualification
- Previous experience in a similar customer support or server/database/application support role
- Good working knowledge and experience working with of at least one of the following: Windows Servers and IIS, virtualization (VMWare or Hyper-V), Active Directory domains, storage technologies, SSO, SQL Server Database skills covering installation and basic administration.
- Exposure to PowerShell.
- Experience working within a SaaS provider and to ISO 27001 standards is preferred
- Understanding of software development processes
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Superior customer service attitude and the desire to go the extra mile
- Organised approach with attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and work towards deadlines
- Enthusiastic with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn new skills
- Strong team-working skills
- Ability to multitask and capable of dealing with multiple clients on a daily basis
- Confident telephone manner with the ability to calmly respond to client enquiries
- Competent user of Microsoft products
- Any exposure to web-based platforms or software would be useful (.NET Applications, ASP.NET,CSS,HTML, SQL server and SSIS)
- Knowledge of System / Application Monitoring would be useful, but not essential
- Knowledge of the Kallidus LMS would be useful, but not essential
- Understanding of ITIL would be useful
- Private and public cloud-based technology (Azure/AWS etc).
- Nginx management.
- Tomcat management.
- Exposure to Business Objects.
- Setup/maintenance of SSO solutions.