Semi-Senior Accountant opportunity within a successful growing Chartered Accountancy & Business Advisory Practice offering good benefits, ACCA study support and structured career progression.
A growing Chartered Accountancy Practice specialising in advising SME's and small corporate businesses (up to c.£5m t/o). The firm provides clients with Accountancy, Tax compliance & planning, Xero Bookkeeping & Management Accounting and bespoke Business Advisory solutions from its offices near Bury.
Joining the practice as a Semi-Senior Accountant you will perform a range of general accountancy practice duties for SME clients and have a high degree of client contact.
Your responsibilities will include
- Supporting a Director with a client portfolio of SME and Entrepreneurial businesses (c.£50k - £5m t/o in size
- Preparing Year End Accounts and Corporate Tax Computations for review by Director
- Xero Bookkeeping and Management Accounts production for growing SME businesses
- VAT Returns
- Assisting with Payroll
- Assisting with Personal Tax Returns at self-assessment deadline
This opportunity will offer exposure to all aspects of general accountancy practice, AAT and / or ACCA study support and long term career progression.
You will be an Accountancy professional able to demonstrate the following:
- AAT Intermediate or Technician / Qualified
- Experienced in the use of Sage 50 or Xero (training provided)
- Experience of Year End Accounts Preparation, Bookkeeping and VAT Returns
- Background within Accountancy Practice or Commerce & Industry (min.2 years)
- Good IT skills
- Ambitious individual seeking long term career progression within Chartered Practice
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress your career to Manager level in the future.
Please contact Alastair McLean at Lucas McLean Recruitment to discuss this unique opportunity