Area Manager - Scotland
Based in Motherwell, Scotland.
Starting salary £27,000 (increasing to £29,000 after a six-month probation) plus package including pension, private medical cover, life insurance, free Kumon tuition for dependents and hundreds of retail benefits
Are you passionate about developing the potential of children of all ages and abilities? If so, the world’s largest supplementary education provider has an exciting opportunity for those proficient in Maths and English with the spirit to succeed!
As an Area Manager, your role is to support a group of our Instructors (franchisees) to develop their education centres into thriving high quality businesses.
You will be based in our Motherwell office but will cover the Scottish region.
You will benefit from a six month on the job training programme in one of our company owned centres as well as a thorough grounding in all aspects of business operations.
The successful candidate will be resourceful and able to operate across a range of disciplines including training, mentoring and business planning. You will develop a geographical area within the region, supporting existing instructors and training new instructors to reach your area target.
Do you have:
- Passion for education and building in the ability of children to succeed?
- A commitment to the highest standards in education and business?
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills?
- Ability to work across disciplines?
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of grade B in GCSE maths and English (or equivalent)?
- A full UK driving licence? (regional travel will be a regular requirement within the role)
The interview process will consist of:
- Initial phone interview with the hiring manager.
- If successful you will be invited to attend an orientation meeting/assessment day, in a centre around the country, all expenses paid. The assessment day will not be solely based on tests, but also on your interaction during the day.
- The final stage will be a presentation followed by a Q&A session and a face-to-face interview.
Kumon cares about your privacy, by submitting your information you consent that we will store your uploaded CV securely and process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation. On occasion we may share your CV outside the EU if the role we are recruiting for is based outside the EU within a Kumon Group Company. We will not keep your information longer than we reasonably believe is necessary for us to carry out the above and will not pass your personal details onto any third party. Unsuccessful applicants will be deleted from our database.
If your application is unsuccessful, please allow for a 90-day period from the date of your initial application before reapplying.
To apply for this role, please email your CV and supporting cover letterwith the title 'Application for Area Manager - Manchester’
Please include your relevant skills/experience as well as your degree and GCSE (or equivalent) results.