Step by Step Education, a local Supply Teaching Agency, is looking to recruit enthusiastic and energetic Level 2 and 3 Teaching Assistants that live or are based in the Leyland area.
The right candidate will work under the clear guidance of the class teacher and will need to be flexible to work in both KS1 and KS2 classes.
The right candidate will:
- Have a caring, nurturing approach with the children
- Be able to work with small groups of children assisting with numeracy and literacy
- Work as part of a strong team including other teaching assistants and class teachers across the whole school
- Support children within the classroom, deliver interventions and support the class teacher
- Will have an NVQ level 2 , 3 or above qualification
- Have GCSE Mathematics and English
- Have recent experience of working in a relevant classroom environment
Other duties involve: -
- To undertake activities and assist in monitoring the personal, social and emotional needs of the pupils
- To develop positive relationships with pupils to assist pupil progress and attainment
- To assist in the development of varying skills that support pupils learning
Step by Step Education is fully committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults.
All positions are subject to a DBS Certificate being carried out and applicants meeting Step by Step Education’s Best Practice pre-employment criteria.