Head of Landlord Risk and Compliance
Spencer Clarke Group are currently recruiting for a Head of Landlord Risk & Compliance.
A local authrotiy based in the Greenwich area has a fantastic opportunity for Head of Landlord Risk & Compliance to join their team
The role is responsible for:
- Ensuring the Council complies with all landlord statutory and non-statutory obligations across the full range of landlord compliance responsibilities, including:
- Fire, asbestos, gas, electrical, mechanical ventilation, water hygiene, lifts, play equipment
- Leading on Health and Safety within the HSC Directorate, providing advice, guidance and best practice.
- Leading on developing and maintaining all strategies and policies in relation to landlord compliance and risk management, keeping abreast of best practice.
- Managing and maintaining the directorate landlord services risk register, ensuring robust systems and processes are in place to manage these risks and the potential impact on the services delivered.
- Ensuring effective systems are in place to manage and maintain all data in relation to landlord compliance, providing a ‘single view’ of all compliance areas as they relate to the Council’s housing stock.
- Leading and managing a multi-disciplinary team focussed on ensuring compliance and safety, through both direct operational teams and contracts.
- Ensuring that effective training and development plans are in place to take the service forward.
- Ensuring all processes, systems and processes are in place to provide a safe working environment for staff and customers
- Ensuring performance plans are in place for each team with SMART targets.
- Working with residents, contractors and key stakeholders, producing high quality reports, presentations and information to aid and assist with effective communication and presentation of the service and its objectives
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience
- Health and Safety qualification (IOSH/NEBOSH) or equivalent relevant experience
- Incorporated or associate member status of RICS, CIOB or CIBSE
- Evidence of significant relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
If you are interested in this role please email your CV to or call chris on .