Trainee Accountant opportunity within a successful growing Chartered Accountancy & Business Advisory Practice offering good benefits, AAT / ACCA study support and structured career progression.
This growing Chartered Accountancy Practice specialises in advising SME's and small corporate businesses (up to c.£5m t/o) and provides clients with Accountancy, Tax compliance & planning, Xero Bookkeeping & Management Accounting and bespoke Business Advisory solutions. Based in modern offices near Bury the Practice is growing fast and now needs to secure an ambitious Trainee Accountant.
Joining the practice as a Trainee Accountant you will perform a range of general accountancy practice duties for SME clients and have a high degree of client contact.
Your responsibilities will include
- Supporting a Director with a client portfolio of SME and Entrepreneurial businesses (c.£50k - £5m t/o in size
- Preparing Year End Accounts and Corporate Tax Computations for review by Director
- Xero Bookkeeping and Management Accounts production for growing SME businesses
- VAT Returns
- Assisting with Payroll
- Assisting with Personal Tax Returns at self-assessment deadline
This opportunity will offer exposure to all aspects of general accountancy practice, AAT and / or ACCA study support and long term career progression.
You will be an Accountancy professional able to demonstrate the following:
- AAT Part-Qualified
- Experience of using either Sage 50 or Xero (training provided)
- Experience of Year End Accounts Preparation, Bookkeeping and VAT Returns
- Background within Accountancy Practice or Commerce & Industry (min.1 year)
- Good IT skills
- Ambitious individual seeking long term career progression within Chartered Practice
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity to progress your career to Client Manager level in the future.
Please contact Alastair McLean at Lucas McLean Recruitment to discuss this unique opportunity