We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Accounts Manager to work directly with Partners and Senior Management for our leading client
The successful candidate will become part of the team which provides a wide range of services, ultimately to the owners of a variety of family businesses. These services include accounting, tax advice and general advisory project work, across a wide variety of legal entities, such as trusts, companies and partnerships.
The role would involve managing a portfolio of clients on a day to day basis, looking after those clients’ needs, supervising staff and reporting directly to the Partners and Senior Management team. The position may also involve a number of one-off assignments and special work.
We are able to offer a dynamic workload and a broad experience for the right candidate.
The applicant will have relevant post qualification experience at manager/assistant manager level in general practice.
The successful applicant will have experience of planning, conducting and completing engagements across the Private Wealth and Estates client base, both conducting this work and overseeing and reporting on the work of others.
As a client facing member of the team, experience of managing a client portfolio direct to Partner and dealing directly with client staff is essential.
The applicant should also be able to demonstrate the following skills and behaviours.
- Demonstrates a passion for delivering quality and ensures that client needs are met, benefiting both the client and the firm;
- Sets priorities, defines activities and plans work so that results are achieved on time;
- Provides support that enables others to develop within the firm;
- Works cooperatively with others, positively influences them and ensures team participation to support the firm’s goals;
- Thinks widely and laterally to identify and consider different options before determining the best solution;
- Listens to, understands and communicates confidently with others in a clear, concise, polite and purposeful way;
- Motivates self and others to succeed for the benefit of the firm.
In addition to the above the successful applicant will require confidence in dealing with partners and clients, be commercially minded and have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, and the ability to provide accurate work in a timely and cost-effective manner. Applicants should possess a high level of ability and commitment, with the flexibility to work in line with our clients’ needs. A natural team player is essential, with a positive and enthusiastic attitude.
Education and experience
Applicants should be ACA/ACCA qualified with a good exam record and relevant post qualification experience. Experience of working with private clients would be particularly advantageous but is not essential. However, applicants must be able to demonstrate that they have an interest in this type of work. The successful candidate is likely to have a general practice background and should ideally have experience of managing a client portfolio, as well as some exposure to one off special assignments and complicated technical areas. The systems used in the accounting and audit fields are Excel, CCH Accounts Production and Audit automation and candidates are expected to have excellent IT skills.