Finance Process Manager
An attractive opportunity has arisen for a versatile Finance Process Manager within a private equity-backed healthcare start-up. This is an exciting time to join the successful finance team of a company growing fast; they acquired multiple businesses last year alone, with more in the pipeline, so there will be plenty to get involved with.
Due to the ambitious plans of the business, they are now looking to speak to Finance Managers with demonstrated ability to improve processes and systems. They are in the process of setting up centralised accounting and control processes for their business in Oxfordshire, so the role will involve some travel between the Oxford and London offices.
As part of the centralisation of financial control and accounting, the purpose of the project is to support the implementation of new finance processes for their London office. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Implement processes to ensure that all services are invoiced accurately, efficiently, and promptly
- Design and implement auditing and/or controls to assure that all items are being invoiced
- Implement processes and controls to reduce the risk of bad debt and the level of overdue debt
- Identify trends in slow payment and write-offs, and implement appropriate process improvements to address
- Implement a structured approach and process for the recovery of legacy overdue debt, managing head office staff and liaising with clinic staff, to achieve a resolution of old items
- Support the implementation of other process improvements in the clinic, such as daily cashing up, receipts reconciliations, purchase invoice approvals, etc.
- Investigation of balances in the completion accounts balance sheet, ensuring levels of accruals and prepayments are correctly stated.
- Proven experience in process improvement and change management, ideally within billing and credit control within a commercial, healthcare, or similar organisation
- Strong process skills, experience of implementing both technology-based and manual process improvements
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to manipulate and interpret multiple transactional datasets
- Able to work with and influence non-finance staff
- Private Medical Insurance billing (desirable)