Head of Sales
A successful manufacturer and international distributor of cable management systems is seeking a Head of Sales to join the senior management team.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Head of Sales is responsible for leading an established internal sales team of 15 account managers, as well as indirectly managing the customer service team.
Based within the Company’s head office in Bedfordshire, the Head of Sales will develop sales through all sales channels to drive sales growth.
- Design and implement a strategic plan to develop the Company’s customer base;
- Day-to-day management of the internal sales and external sales teams;
- Recruit, set objectives, coach and monitor performance;
- Achieve growth and hit sales targets by successfully managing the sales teams;
- Build and promote strong, long-lasting customer relationships by partnering with them and understanding their needs;
- Meet with larger accounts;
- Present sales reports and realistic forecasts to the management team;
- Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status;
- Work closely with purchasing to ensure appropriate pricing and to identify new products;
- Responsible for any escalated customer issues;
- Oversee/negotiate pricing, offering discount and preparing quotations / tenders;
- Ad hoc tasks as required.
The Company is a is a leading manufacturer and distributor of cable identification, cable management and cable accessories in the UK and internationally. The extensive product portfolio services industries from control panel building, OEMs, electrical contracting, rail and signalling engineering to offshore oil and gas and petrochemical industries, either directly or via wholesalers.
- Successful previous experience managing an internal sales team within a technical business;
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation;
- Strong business sense;
- Excellent mentoring, coaching and people management skills;
- Affinity with technical products;
- Experience in B2B distribution;
- Full and clean UK driving license;
- Within commutable distance of southern Bedfordshire.
- Circa £55,000 salary (depending on experience), plus 20% bonus OTC;
- An attractive package of benefits.