Learning and Development Manager - Digital
Learning and Development Manager - Digital
Location: Croydon, London, Birmingham, Bristol, Manchester or Leeds
At Arcadis we are looking for a Digital Learning Development Manager to take the lead and partner with senior business stakeholders in the design and delivery of professional digital and interpersonal skills training programmes.
The Digital Learning and Development Manager will have the opportunity to build the training portfolio for the digital agenda from its infancy stages. Within this role you would work closely with Technical Senior Leaders to understand the L&D needs of their departments. This aim is that the Digital L&D Manager will become a subject matter expert who liaises between the needs of Arcadians regarding digital training and the L&D department.
This position will also be responsible for implementing a new learning platform with a mixture of resources (E-learning modules, Podcasts, Webinars, University lectures, etc.), which will allow employees to learn about key careers skills. We are looking for someone who is confident in taking on a large project, which is still in its early stages and develop, grow and implement it. The aim is that this platform will be available to around 4,500 UK employees and it already has the stakeholder support to become a key resource at Arcadis.
If you are looking for an opportunity to shape the digital L&D agenda of a business and want to apply your knowledge to help Arcadis join the digital revolution… don’t look any further and apply below.
- Project Management of the creation of content for the Career Zone for professional and interpersonal skills.
- Challenging defined training needs to ensure that they link to defined business needs especially relating to the digital agenda.
- Ensuring that training solutions are designed and delivered to a high quality which meets the needs of the business.
- Collaborate with HR and the business to develop solutions around Workforce of the Future
- Work with the UK Learning and Development Lead to understand and deliver professional & interpersonal skills training across the business
- Identify training and development needs through job analysis, appraisal information and regular consultation with the Business Managers and HR
- Liaison with key stakeholders / internal clients to define training requirements, in order to design, implement & deliver training and development programmes based on the needs of the business especially in the digital space.
- Monitor, review and enhance existing programmes as required to meet the needs of the business and ensure programmes remain relevant, effective and sustainable.
- Project manage the creation of training resources & materials to meet the needs of differing learning styles.
- Evaluate training and development programmes and prepare reports/recommendations for the UK Learning and Development Lead.
- Keep up to date with developments in training by reading relevant journals, going to meetings and attending relevant CPD event.
- Research social learning technologies/methodologies in workplace learning and make recommendations especially as they relate to our digital agenda.
- Working with UK Learning and Development Lead to support the Strategy Pillar around Growth and Innovation
- Line management of one Learning and Development Advisor
- Experience of managing, designing and delivering professional training programmes
- Extensive knowledge and experience of training methodologies
- A strong understanding of how we can apply data to our roles and understanding the impact of digital across businesses
- A high level of knowledge of relevant digital tools (systems and application training) and how we can develop digital leaders in the business (technical qualifications are an advantage but not necessary)
- Ability to engage with employees across all levels and good at building strong stakeholder engagement
- Ability to translate Strategy into Implementation
- Confident, approachable, positive and resilient with the ability to gain the trust and confidence of leaders in our business
- Ideally, CIPD qualified of equivalent
- A willingness to travel to all Arcadis locations
We’re hard to pin down as a business. But while our work spans many disciplines - from consultancy to engineering and architecture to cost management, it’s united under a common vision. We see people where others see projects, and we recognise that when we design environments we impact lives. We’re here to show the magnitude of that opportunity to the world. To bring it to life for our clients and the customers they serve.
A career for the big thinkers
Our vision needs people who see the bigger picture. Who bring their expertise to life with spark and imagination. And see possibility where others see limits.
We believe that by working together diverse people with different experiences develop the most innovative ideas. Equality, diversity and inclusion is at the heart of how we improve quality of life and we work closely with our people across six ED&I Workstreams: Age, Disability, Faith, Gender, LGBT+ and Race. A diverse and skilled workforce is essential to our success.
Finally - and most importantly - you’ll be offered an environment where you can go anywhere. A highly competitive remuneration package; a pension scheme that matches to 8%; the best development programmes in the industry; and a working culture where you can finally put your ideas and potential into practice.
If that speaks to you, talk to us