Early Years Practitioner
Nursery Nurse, Childcare Practitioner, Early Years
Kidsplay Childcare are committed to providing top quality childcare for all ages. We are the fastest growing childcare provider in the South East, with 7 sites in Milton Keynes, as well as venues in Bury St Edmunds, Leighton Buzzard, Kettering, St Albans and London.
Due to continued success and expansion, we are excited to announce that we expanding the team at our Mead Open Farm Day Nursery in Leighton Buzzard. There are new vacancies available for experienced Practitioners to join the team at this, unique farm based setting on both a full and part time basis!
Full time is 40 hours per week, and we currently have 2 x part time opportunities. 1 x 3 days (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday), and 1 x afternoons only. 1:30-6:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Working "down on the farm", the children have access every day to all the Mead facilities, it really is a fabulous environment for them and our staff!
This role will be exciting, challenging and extremely rewarding! We offer an attractive salary and benefits package including:
- 50% off childcare (including Holiday Camp)
- Free annual family pass to Mead Open Farm (for up to 5 people)
- Over 800 offers for high street discounts with popular retailers to include cinemas, restaurants and theme parks.
- External 24 hour helpline with counsellors for any issues you want to discuss.
- Access to 18 training courses including Child Protection and ongoing training and development
- Free hot lunches every day
- 28 days annual holiday, after 2 years of service these increase by 1 day per year, up to 33 days holiday!
- Free uniform
- NEST Pension scheme for all staff
- Monthly staff lottery and employee of the month
- Annual awards ceremony
We are looking for passionate, committed and reliable Early Years Practitioner, who are available to work on a full-time basis of 40-45 hours per week. Our nursery is open from 7:30am-6:30pm Monday to Friday, so you will need to me available for shift patterns between these hours.
• To support the day to day responsibility for the efficient running of the room facility.
• To ensure that developmental records for you key group are kept up to date.
• To support your colleagues and work as part of a team in providing a safe, caring and stimulating environment for children aged 0-5 years.
• To assist in the development of an attractive stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays relevant to the age and needs of the children in the setting, which encourage independence, self motivation and eagerness to learn.
What are we looking for?:
We are looking for a confident Nursery Practitioner, who are looking to get their teeth into a new challenge. You will be motivated to hit the ground running and add value to our fun and hard working team. You will thrive in a busy environment, and always be on hand with new ideas and activities. You will be confident in all areas of the EYFS and implement accordingly. You will be qualified in Childcare to a minimum of Level 3, and ideally have experience in a similar role.
Kids Play Childcare is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check