Assistant Accountant - £16 per hour - West Lothian
Your new company
This international company is looking to hire and Assistant Accountant in their West Lothian office. The candidate will work amongst a team of 6 other finance individuals. If you are looking to work within a fast-growing and highly established company, this is the role for you.
Your new role
Candidates must have a minimum of 3 years experience working within a similar position and will be proficient with excel. Typical duties will include:
- Entering supplier invoices and uploading approved copy invoices into the accounting software
- Working closely with the Finance Manager to ensure all invoices are processed accurately
- Filing of supplier invoice
- Responsible for credit control calls, liaising with clients and building relationships, to ensure payments are collected in a timely manner
- Administering month-end billing process, checking accuracy of draft invoices received from offices against project data and ensuring compliance with VAT regulations, returning final invoices to offices for issue to clients
- Entering invoices into the system for review and posting
- Processes daily accounts receivable deposits and banks cheques when required
- Electronic filing of remittance advices according to established procedure
- Runs reports as required, and provides additional administrative duties to assist in the smooth running of the department
- Month end duties - accruals, journals and prepayments
What you'll need to succeed
The candidate should have good interpersonal skills and is able to gel within a new team with ease. Candidates must be well organised and able to keep on top of any tasks at hand, with the ability to communicate with key stakeholders.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.