Senior Infrastructure Consultant
The successful candidate will be working as a Senior Infrastructure Consultant in our Cloud and Infrastructure Projects team with a focus on implementing and migrating mail from a variety of platforms to Office 365 and Exchange 2016. You will be expected to have prior experience in migrations to Office 365 and Exchange.
You will be expected to have a solid grounding in other Microsoft technologies, specifically Active Directory, DNS and Windows Server and have the ability to install these systems which have been designed by Core’s Technical Architects. You will also be responsible for the client migration to the new Active Directory environment.
The candidate should also have some experience in deploying Windows 10 Builds as part of a Windows 7/8 upgrade process. This can be via SCCM or Windows Autopilot.
This is a client facing role where you will be the subject matter expert on Office 365, Exchange, AD and migrations. As such you must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of how the migration solutions work and be able to talk the client through the procedure and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
Essential Soft Skills:
You must be accustomed to working in complex IT environments, dealing with demanding clients and working against tight deadlines. You must have good customer facing skills as you will be on client sites representing our business and talking client through the solution deployment and migration.
- Customer-oriented confident personality with excellent communication skills
- Independent, self-motivated, driven and able to work at remote customer sites potentially as the lead Core resource onsite, and potentially on your own for significant periods of time
- Adaptable team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective and analytical approach to problem solving
- Professional and focused with good time management
- Ability to identify potential conflict situations and manage them in a proactive and constructive manner
Essential Technical Skills
- Strong level understanding of email services with knowledge in multiple flavors of Microsoft Exchange (5years expected).
- Exposure and good understanding of Microsoft Cloud Services including Office 365, Azure Active Directoryand Azure IaaS
- Experience of both on premises Exchange and Office 365 and migrations (Hybrid, Staged and Cutover) using Microsoft, Quest and other 3rd party migration technologies
- Excellent understanding of Active Directory services especially the dependencies and interactions of AD with Exchange.
- Windows 10 deployments using System Centre Configuration Manager
- PowerShell use in relation to Exchange
- Strong knowledge of Windows server operating systems and their standard management features.
- Broad knowledge of all infrastructure services closely linked to Active Directory
- e.g. DNS, Certificate services, DFS, Storage Systems, DHCP, Roaming profiles.
- Keep up to date with emerging technologies and wider IT trends
- We expect you to have already passed the Exchange 2013/2016 Core Solutions exam 70-341.
Advantageous Technical Skills:
- Exposure to other mail systems. Lotus Notes, GroupWise, Office365.
- Lotus Notes migration experience
- Enterprise Mobility and Security Suite
- Advanced Solutions of Microsoft Exchange 2013 Exam (70-342) and Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 (70-345)
- Office365 exams (70-346 and 70-347)
- Email vault technology knowledge: Enterprise Vault, Quest Archive Manager, ZantazEAS
- Basic knowledge of the integration of surrounding Office 365 technologies such as SharePoint, OneDrive and Rights Management would also be beneficial.
What you will get from us:
- Pay package over based on experience.
- Training and vouchers to sit all Exchange and AD exams if you haven’t already.
- Advanced architectural training in Exchange/AD 2016 for multi-national deployments.
- Training and certification in Quest Software migration toolsets for Active Directory, Exchange, Lotus Notes, GroupWise.
- A group of very nice people to work with and a career path into high end consultancy.