Senior Finance Assistant
Position: Senior Finance Assistant
Location: Twigworth, Gloucestershire
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday (part time considered)
The Aurora Group
The Aurora Group is an innovative provider of education and care for children, young people and adults with special educational needs and disabilities.
We’re currently looking for a Senior Finance Assistant in Twigworth, Gloucestershire where our Central Office provides financial support, leadership and governance to our multiple sites across the UK.
Reporting to our Financial Operations Manager; your role will be to ensure that all supplier invoices are paid, all client invoices are raised correctly and all monies owed to the company are received in a timely manner.
You will also be expected to resolve supplier invoice queries promptly and ensure the collection of outstanding funds are made in a timely manner through the monitoring and reconciliation of payments received and balances due on client accounts.
You will also take an active role in assisting with month end accruals, prepayments and bank reconciliations.
Additionally; you will be expected to support the finance administrators across our various sites and support the less experienced team members in our central team.
You will also support formal/legal proceedings for the management of outstanding debts and attend site visits when required to support with the accurate processing and assimilation of new services.
Successful candidates are likely to demonstrate:
- AAT qualification (or study towards) preferred
- Solid Credit Control knowledge with experience of managing their own ledger and queries within a multi-site and fast paced environment
- Experience of processing supplier invoices and making payment runs
- The ability to explain financial information in a clear way
- Ability to work accurately with strong attention to detail
- Able to work to deadlines
- A flexible and adaptable approach with a "can-do" attitude
- An outgoing and confident character with excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Good Excel & Word skills
- GCSE Maths & English, or equivalent
Want to Apply?
If you think this position is for you then we would like to hear from you.
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment safeguarding checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
The Aurora Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and adults who use our services and is a disability confident and equal opportunities employer