Square Peg Associates are currently recruiting for an accountancy practice in the Bury area. They are seeking a professional and experienced Bookkeeper / Accounts Assistant to process external clients accounts. This will mainly be using cloud based software Xero / Sage.
The position is full time on a permanent basis with a view to start immediately.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility of managing a portfolio of clients for all bookkeeping, VAT and accounts processing services.
- Preparation of accounts to trial balance, journals, pre-payments and accruals
- Preparation of quarterly VAT returns and submissions
- Bank reconciliations, Purchase ledger and Sales Ledger
- Mainly using cloud based accounting software
- Helping to control and manage the cash flow of the client businesses
- Experience in a similar Bookkeeping / Accounts Assistant role within an accountancy practice
- Strong communication skills
- A personable, customer driven, people person
- Have a positive can do attitude
- Have a passion to go the extra mile to support client queries
- It is preferable to have used cloud based software although not essential
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and stable business that promises a rewarding and progressive career to its employees. They offer a competitive salary and benefits packages.
Please apply online today or contact Jennifer Jones for immediate consideration.