Teacher of Geography
Teaching Personnel are currently supporting a large RC secondary school to recruit for a full-time Teacher of Geography to join their Humanities department from September 2019. This position is initially a temporary role covering a twelve month Maternity leave, however may result in a permanent post due to departmental restructures.
Teacher of Geography:
- Full-time Teacher of Geography - maternity cover required from September 2019.
- Initially on a long term supply basis for a fixed 12 month* period.
- Opportunity to work within an Ofsted graded 'Good' Roman Catholic secondary school based in Salford, Greater Manchester.
- Must hold QTS - both experienced and newly qualified teachers are welcome to apply, as relevant support will be provided for induction.
- Access to CPD training programmes through partner secondary schools.
- Pay in line with MPS/UPS £23,720 - £39,406 per annum.
This reputable secondary school is based just outside Salford town Centre and has consistently been graded 'Good' from Ofsted in all areas of inspections. With just over 1000 pupils on roll, aged 11-16, this well respected secondary school has been noted for its outstanding teaching and learning under the dedicated guidance of their Senior Leadership Team.
The incoming Teacher of Geography can expect to join a supportive community of high calibre practitioners, expected to deliver dynamic lessons through innovative teaching and learning methods best suited to each individual learner and learning ability. The secondary school expect a high level of professional conduct and practice with full responsibilities being upheld.
The responsibilities for the successful Teacher of Geography will include;
- Full planning, preparing and marking responsibilities must be held under discretion of Senior Leadership.
- Deliver outstanding Geography lessons in line with the Geography National Curriculum at Key Stage 3/4 and GCSE, through differentiated teaching and learning.
- Evaluate and asses classwork taking appropriate action to provide additional support
- Promote an inclusive pedagogy best suited to each individual learner.
- Partake in extra curricular responsibilities which include attending regular staff meetings, parent's evenings and staff training; where applicable.
Located in the town of Salford, our partner secondary school is easily accessible via the M60/A580 (East Lancashire Road) and the surrounding areas; Bury, Bolton and Wigan. There are also various public transport options available with links across Great Manchester.
The school are in the process of shortlisting details and if you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity then please forward an up to date CV using the links below or contact the Manchester Secondary Office for further information.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.