Buyer - Manufacturing -Oxfordshire- Permanent - £25,000 - £28,000 DOE
ARM are looking for an ambitious Buyer to join one of our Manufacturing clients in Oxfordshire. This is a great opportunity for a Junior Buyer to progress their career and be involved in both operation and Strategic Purchasing
The primary function of this role is the timely procurement of materials, spare parts, equipment and services at optimum cost.
You will work closely with the Strategic Buyer, the Planning team and the Engineering teams to ensure that inventory levels are optimised to meet our customer’s demand, whilst controlling cost, quality and availability.
- Stock management and inventory turns management within the Supply Chain.
- Development of inventory management processes to support full availability and reduce excess, obsolete and slow moving stock.
- Managing supplier relationships internally and externally to improve cost, quality and supply.
- Monitoring stock availability and expedite as required
- Carry out demand analysis / forecasting
- Raise, manage and administer purchase orders in Microsoft Navision
- Direct materials buying experience in a manufacturing environment
- Understanding of procurement regulations
- Supplier development
- High level of Excel.
- MRP/ERP System experience, particularly Microsoft Navision
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Exposure to working with technical drawings
- Experience with electronics manufacturing
- CIPS quailed ideally
This vacancy is being advertised by Advanced Resource Managers. ARM is a specialist talent acquisition and management consultancy. We provide technical contingency recruitment and a portfolio of more complex resource solutions.
Our specialist recruitment divisions cover the entire technical arena, including some of the most economically and strategically important industries in the UK and the world today. We will never send your CV without your permission.