Special Needs Teacher
Seeking a motivated and adaptable Special Needs Teacher to work within this small special needs school in the Gravesend area. This school is sepcifically for children with identified ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder) across all key stages (KS1-KS5). This role would suit an individual who is passionate about working with special needs.
Within this Special Needs Teacher role you will be responible for:
- Planning, delivering and teaching individual students or small groups (in class sizes of no more than 4-6) across a range of curriculum subjects.
- You will be teaching SEND students with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder).
- This position will be ideal for someone who has the ability to communicate effectively and build good relationships with pupils and staff.
- It is your duty to inspire and deliver a vibrant and fulfilling learning experience to maximise potential of every student.
- Devise, implement and review individual education and behaviour plans alongside other staff, communicating regularly with parents, carers, teaching and clinical staff to ensure consistency.
- Injecting confidence and enthusiasm into pupils through a supportive and engaging learning environment.
- Assisting students to develop socially, emotionally and independantly.
Experience as an Special Needs Teacher is ideal with QTS. Interest or previous experience working with Special Educational Needs students (in particular ASD would be an advantage). As a Special Needs Teacher you must have experience of working with the current National Curriculum. The school would be interested in Teachers with a background within any subject area across all key stages.
This Special Needs Teacher position is full-time or part-time to start After Easter 2019
This Special Needs Teacher post is subject to full safeguarding and checks incl. references and an enhanced DBS check