Our client have a vacancy for a software engineer with experience in GI solutions. You will be joining a team catering to the needs of a variety of public and private sector organisations. This is a hands-on role, so the successful candidate will be expected to be involved in development and delivery, including creation of prototypes and proof of concepts and the development of GI software applications.
In addition to a background in GI application software development and knowledge of software architectures, with particular expertise in Open Source GI solutions. The successful candidate should have a good knowledge of database and cloud technologies.
- Experienced in software development of GI Solutions
- Experience of the software development lifecycle with demonstrable experience in a number of the following technologies:
- PostgreSQL / PostGIS
- OpenLayers, GeoNetwork, GeoServer, Geonode
- Experience in use of development Tools: Git, TFS, GitLabCI, Jira
- In addition to the above knowledgein any of the below would be advantageous:
- Applications: MapServer, QGIS Server, Tomcat, Apache, QGIS, ArcGIS Desktop
- Cloud hosting technologies - AWS, Azure, Ansible
- Experience of working with UK mapping data e.g. Ordnance Survey MasterMapetc.
- Knowledge of UK, European & Worldwide GIS standards (e.g. OGC, INSPIRE, ISO 19115, ISO 19119).
- Experience of pre-sales support
- Experience of handling complex data
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Testing frameworks: Apache JMeter, Junit or other unit test framework
- Experience of cloud hosting technologies i.e. AWS, Azure etc.
- Experience of software engineering methodologies, practises & UML (e.g. Use Cases, Class Diagrams).
Any other information:
• Must be prepared and willing to work on customer sites
• Must be willing to work on defence projects
• Must be eligible to work in the UK
• Must either have SC clearance already or be able to obtain it immediately