Field Service Engineer
Field Service Engineer
Location: South West
Our Client is a global market leader in floor cleaning systems, products and services; representing quality, innovation and sustainability.
A family owned organisation, with well-developed corporate structures, an ethos of success based around a culture of excellence and investment in the well-being and welfare of its employees.
Their purpose built training facility and dedicated training team provide an exceptional opportunity for career progression and personal development.
They are looking for committed staff that value teamwork and have the drive and passion to deliver world class service.
Are you an experienced Service Engineer living in the South West of the country? Do you have an electrical / mechanical engineering qualification, field-based experience as a service, maintenance or installation engineer or technician and happy to travel as part of your role? If so our client, a recognised market leading global brand manufacturer of cleaning equipment, will be interested to hear from you. This Service Engineer role comes with an excellent remuneration package and a friendly / positive culture.
Key Attributes: -
- Previous industry experience preferable but not essential.
- Previous experience in a Field Service engineering role.
- Formal electrical/mechanical Engineering qualifications.
- Experience with Hydraulics/pneumatics preferable but not essential.
- Basic understanding of internal combustion engines preferable but not essential
- Be able to work on own initiative, unsupervised and also as a team member.
- To have the aptitude to fault find, diagnose and resolve technical problems.
- Ability to communicate with customers - both internal and external.
- PC/IT Literate.
- Full clean driving licence
Main Tasks: -
- Maintain and repair the companies’ full range of cleaning equipment.
- The accurate documentation of service reports on site via the company SMS.
- Record all work carried out, complete the relevant paperwork on the customer’s premises.
- Liaise with customers and schedulers.
- Promote & up-sell maintenance contracts and other accessories.
- Manage van stocks in accordance with your customer base.
- Maintain tools and equipment to a satisfactory and safe condition.
- Ensure van is roadworthy at all times and that the Highway Code is strictly adhered to at all times.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ensure compliance to ISO 9001 &OHSAS 18001 Health and Safety standards.